FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free C++ resource editor?

Xcelerate
I have been attempting to find a freeware C++ resource editor, but have not been having much luck. I found LCC; it has a resource editor, but it's not quite what I was looking for. Does anyone have any ideas?
silli
Resource hacker is quite a simple tool and freeware.
Restorator is better, but it's not free.

Hope those were what you were looking for. I'm not that sure, my english isn't perfect Smile
BlackSkad
Dev-c++ is the one I use. It has the GCC integrated, so you don't need to install a compiler separately.
A linky: BloodShed Dev-C++
A little google might help too: Free C++ editors

Greatz,
BlackSkad
Lochium
Hey.
To compiling OTservers I'm using BloodShed Dev-C++ y can dowload it here http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dev-cpp/devcpp4991setup.exe All others programs and librarys you can find here http://sourceforge.net/ Its biggest website about it.
ben8coast
I know exactly what you are going through.

I tried to find the same thing - with no real success. At the time I was using Dev CPP as my IDE - which is fantastic for what it is (free).

In the end I ended up using the tried and true technique of just text editing the resource file.

For a while I tried using LCC resource editor, I even used the editor from an old version of visual C++ 6.0 as a stop gap.

The long and the short of it is that nothing seemed to quite do the job.

I have recently being using the microsoft .net products which do have a free version although you can't directly edit the resource files - then again you rarely need to.
carl005
I am taking a seminar in C++ at my school and one of the editors our teacher suggested originally was Bloodshed. However, many of my classmates find that it is not really up to the standards they need it at. My teacher just recently showed me a simplified version of a C++ editor/compiler online, but I do not remember what it was called. He said that it gets rid of a lot of the mundane stuff we have to type and what not. I'll let you know more about it if I remember to ask him.