FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Link color fade javascript

ocelotweb
Ok so here's the deal. I used to have a kind of free domain a long time ago. I had a pretty bad template. I especially liked this one thing. What it did was, a link would be white, and whenever the mouse hovered over it, it would turn blue. It was named fade.js. I remember that. I just don't know how to write JS yet. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me a good site to find some javascript applets that are free or could help me out with that.
Greatly apreciated.
SystemWisdom
This should be exactly what you're looking for;

http://simplythebest.net/scripts/DHTML_scripts/dhtml_script_110.html

and was sooo simple to find:

On first page of Google searching for: Link color fade
ocelotweb
Thanks man much appreciated. I didn't know what to look for I was looking through java websites and stuff. But yeah this helps once again thank you.
ocelotweb
[quote="SystemWisdom"]This should be exactly what you're looking for;

http://simplythebest.net/scripts/DHTML_scripts/dhtml_script_110.html

I downloaded the js file and did as the page said to do but for some reason it still isn't working correctly. I toyed with it and tried to put it on the index.html code, the nav.html code (where all the links are) but to no avail. I put it in the head of both as it said to do, and still no link fading. My website and info is listed in my signature so if anyone is bored enough and wants to look for the kink in the chain then be my guest... I'm still looking for the problem myself. Thanks again everyone for all your helpfulness.
ocelotweb
Ok I've figured it out now I think, I had to put the <script src.......> before the <title> tags. I'm guessing that's what the problem was. I just started out with a blank page and worked my way up to the page I was working on. But yeah thanks anyway.