FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NEWBIE. How do you make a website?

evilryu530
I am a newbie and i just got an account. So this is what i did so far. i built my website in dreamweaver with the sliced images, and index.html. then i got an account from here. so i set up my manage site in dreamweaver with the ftp and username and pw and such forth. then i upload the entire site from dreamweaver to the server. www.design.frih.net. when i look in my directadmin control file manager, all i see is my index.html. i dont see where the sliced images are. can anyone answer that for me? also, should i set up the manage site to the frih.net before i start creating the website? because right now in my html code, the images are linked to my local drive and not the webserver....is there anyway dreamweaver can detect that and change it for me? thanks in advance!
Simulator
Did you upload all your files to the public_html folder?
KHO
Neutral why do so many people use wysiwyg editors? look at your source code dude, it a big mess, thats all it is!!! and make sure you have all your files loaded in your public_html dir., the easiest way is by FTP, try filezilla, just google it, l have a paid one so l don't use that, but l've heard its good. if you pm me your sn/pass, l could update all your url's for ya, it will cost a bit of Frih$ though, l'll give an estimate on how many after l see what l'm up against.