FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Putting more space between "Preview" and "Sub

The Philosopher Princess
I would like to suggest that the Preview and Submit buttons (appearing during a Post Reply session) be separated from each other horizontally. In other words, I would like more space between them. As it is now, they are right next to each other. Even an extra 100 pixels would be helpful, but 2-300 might be ideal (a few inches, give or take).

The reason I think this would be good is to help prevent one's pushing one button when they intended to push the other one. It also would allow me, and I presume some others, to go faster. As it is now, one has to go relatively slowly to ensure the correct button is pushed.

I use the Preview function fairly often because I like to ensure correctness of the HTML codes and readability for viewers. Sometimes, on more detailed formatting, I need to use it often for one post. It would be nice to be able to click Preview quickly, occasionally having a mis-click, without having the mis-click do anything of substance.

Except for the one-time system implementation time, I can't think of a negative reason for this. Can anyone else? In other words, this change might not help everyone, but I can't think of how it would hurt anyone.
wumingsden
True, but why not just get a better mouse, scrollpad, etc. or a mouse pad?
The Philosopher Princess
That's a very valid question, wumingsden.

I contend that this issue is not due to equipment (e.g., mouse) failure (nor website {"structure"} failure) but user failure. I fully admit that. I make a humble request to make it easier for me (and others) to be inexact without negative repercussions.

Let me give a silly but valid analogy. If someone occasionally falls off the 6-inch-wide bridge going across a big muddy ditch, then, to prevent future falls, one can
(1) improve the equipment (e.g., get better shoes),
(2) improve the user (e.g., train how to walk more slowly and/or more exactly), or
(3) improve the structure (e.g., widen the bridge).

Even though falling off a 6-inch-wide bridge shouldn't ever happen for users (walkers) who are careful enough, sometimes the most pleasant solution is to change the underlying structure. A much-widened bridge would mean the user could go a lot faster across and never fall off. Better equipment (shoes) may help a little but not enough to overcome user failure on a narrow bridge.
~~~~~~~~~~
This is not a big deal, but I since I was invited to give a "crazy suggestion" I am giving a crazy, yet sincere, suggestion.
SunburnedCactus
I admire how much detail you chose to analyse this issue in! Seriously, such a well written and deep response puts the usual "lol, put funny colours on lol" posts that seem to turn up to shame.

Flattery will get you far in this world, but the ability to deconstruct the even the most straightforward abstract will get you even further!
n0obie4life
No. I find the colours great actually. Makes my life easier on seeing names.

Anyway, I use the tab button. So, doesn't really make a difference Wink

I don't see how hard is it to hit "Preview" instead of submit doh Wink
The Philosopher Princess
n0obie4life wrote:
I don't see how hard is it to hit "Preview" instead of submit doh Wink
Understood!

(But you probably don't even use the "Preview" do you? Wink)

Laughing Hey, n0obie4life: "I don't see how hard is it to" Laughing add some extra space instead of leaving it the way it is. Laughing Laughing

(Just having some fun, here. Very Happy) (Okay, maybe instead I should have suggested that the winking smiley face actually wink animatedly. Would you have gone for that one? Wink)
n0obie4life
I do use preview, less often than you do I suppose Wink
Bondings
I'll try to think of it next time I edit the posting body. Wink
babumuchhala
I wud say whats the problem with the buttons. They are placed just fine.

If u have problems learn to use the mouse properly Evil or Very Mad or start using the tab key
mathiaus
SunburnedCactus wrote:
I admire how much detail you chose to analyse this issue in! Seriously, such a well written and deep response puts the usual "lol, put funny colours on lol" posts that seem to turn up to shame.
Flattery will get you far in this world, but the ability to deconstruct the even the most straightforward abstract will get you even further!

Laughing
I was quite amused by the depth and colours as well.

Anyway we all know its a problem as such nor urgent. Just something which would help some people more and inconvience everyone else not one bit. Its one of those nutral things. Neither really good or bad.

Anyway Bondings has said he'll try to remember when he next changes the template so ...
-close-
Bondings
It's changed. I now added some space between the two of them.