FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

mysql and apache problem.

ammonkc
at work I have a server running on a linux box (redhat) with apache and mysql. but for some reason it seems like the mysql server and the apache web server are dependant on each other. if something is wrong with the mysql server, apache wont load either.
I was always under the inpression that the mysql server is not bound to the web server. they should be running as completely separate services. but for some reason they seem to be dependant on eath other. is this just how it is in redhat? someone updated the mysql version on this server this week, and now apache wont even start and the mysql service isn't even there.

I'm not real good with linux. I usually work with unix (osx), so I'm not to familiar with the configuration on a linux box.
wumingsden
Yes, RedHat EL3/x86 services (mySQL, Apache, etc.) run together although I do not know how to seperate them although I do know that this is possible.
ammonkc
is it the same way with all linux, or are the services only bound together like that in redhat?
wumingsden
I'm just about sure that it's only Redhat but I can not be 100% positive.
keskinsoy
Mysql makes this problem with linux. The solition is, go to redhat services and look active services. If any other database service is active mysql stops itselves. Or you can write a program and checks the mysql if stoped, start again.