FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Using my newly registered domain name with frihost...

tbsly
Hi,
Ok, so I know this is a total newb question, and I've tried to do some research on this both hear in the forums, in the FAQ, and on the web, but have come up with a bunch of convoluted and hard to understand answers. My question is this: I just registered a domain name through Yahoo and am wondering how I can use that domain name with Frihost. Specifically, how can I use Frihost to host my web pages yet still have web surfers go to my domain name to access them. I hope the jist of what I'm trying to ask is clear. Any help that you can offer would be extremely appreciated. I'm pretty capable when it comes to the web, but if you could put any help in laymans terms that would be appreciated too. Thanks again, this community is a huge help for a lot of people.
tbsly
Bondings
I think it's a good idea to take a look at this site: http://www.site-helper.com/ . It's the 'help' site for the DirectAdmin control panel.

For hosting an additional domain (that's what you need), here is the help file: http://www.site-helper.com/misc.html#domains .

Quote:
To host additional domains, click on the "Advanced Tools" icon from the main control panel menu, then click the "Host Additional Domains" icon.

If you have more specific questions, please don't hesitate to post them here.
Simulator
Just point the domain to NS1.frih.net and NS2.frih.net and then just add it under domain administration..... By pointing the domain I mean, in yahoo you should be able to edit your settings so that you will see something like NS1.yahoo.com or something, just change that to NS1.frih.net and then NS2.frih.net in the second slot, you may have to do this in two places.
tbsly
Wow,
Thanks for the quick response. I think I've got a pretty good handle on what I need to do to get my site up now. Even though I'm relatively new to this forum it has been one of the best community boards I've seen around the net. I'll make sure to spread the word,
Thanks again,
tbsly
Daniel15
Please, try and read the stickyed topics before making a new post.

More specifically, the 'Commonly Asked Questions' topic. It lists all the most common questions asked at FriHost, including how to add domain names.