FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

configuration in phpbb

engeland
Is there a way to permanently 'check' the 'display signature' option whenever your posting ? even with quick reply?

As far as i know, there is not such configuration option in the adminpanel in the phpbbforum Confused

and also how do i add a link to the phpbbforum's menu? next to the log out, or inbox?
wumingsden
I don't think so. I've searched to see wether there is a hack for this for you but there seems to be none, why not try and develop a hack for it?
Bondings
You most likely need to hard-code it in the php code.
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
You most likely need to hard-code it in the php code.

You mean the Template code Rolling Eyes

profile_add_body.tpl or posting_body.tpl either one.
engeland
are you saying i can't do that?

noob, what do you mean? by editing those files? Confused
Reiji
Just one thing...if you want to have the "display signature" always checked, there is one option in the profile page that reads "alwas display signature" if you select yes, the option will be always checked.
n0obie4life
Reiji wrote:
Just one thing...if you want to have the "display signature" always checked, there is one option in the profile page that reads "alwas display signature" if you select yes, the option will be always checked.

That means, he has to go to profile_add_body.tpl, modify the radio buttons to make it always go to "Yes".
Reiji
engeland wrote:
Is there a way to permanently 'check' the 'display signature' option whenever your posting ? even with quick reply?

In the profile page check the option "always display signature" so whenever you post your sig will be displayed (as long as you do not uncheck the "display signature in this post" option in the posting page).

You DON΄T need to edit any internal part of your forum for this.

engeland wrote:
and also how do i add a link to the phpbbforum's menu? next to the log out, or inbox?

Edit the overal_header.tpl file in your template folder. In the lower part, those are the links that shows on the menu.