FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

.com domain

SBrian
Is it possible to request a .com domain name and to link it to the ip-address of my site? When I checked the ip-address that's given in the C-panel, I get the message "Not website hosted on this address!

Must I do something, and if yes... what?
Bondings
All websites are on the same ip-address. If you want to access your website through the ip-address, you need to use ip/~username/ . But yes, you can add a .com domain to your account.
SBrian
Thanks! Laughing
Daniel15
You need to first register the domain at a domain name registrar (for example, DomainSite.com). FriHost doesn't supply you with the .com name. Once you've done that, see here for instructions on how to add it to your account.

Quote:
When I checked the ip-address that's given in the C-panel, I get the message "Not website hosted on this address!

That's a standard cPanel message. If you have actually registered the domain, then you need to change the DNS entries and park the domain in your cPanel. Refer to this thread for more information.
SBrian
So the only thing that I must do to add the .com domain that I want to (in my case) to parked domains. And when I request a .com, it must refer to 216.32.68.250/~sbrian?
Bondings
SBrian wrote:
So the only thing that I must do to add the .com domain that I want to (in my case) to parked domains. And when I request a .com, it must refer to 216.32.68.250/~sbrian?

No, you normally never need to type the ip-address. Just make the nameservers of the domain ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net and then park or addon it in your cpanel. That's it.
SBrian
Bondings; sorry dat ik even overschakel op Nederlands, maar ik weet dat jij ut ook spreekt, dus vandaar... ik snap ut eventjes niet meer...

Dat laatste was even akadabra voor mij Crying or Very sad Als ik het goed begrijp moet ik als ze vragen waar de website staat, alleen zeggen (invullen) 'ns1.frihost.net' en dan vervolgens mijn domeinnaam die ik wil registreren (www.project-tenerife.com) bij parked domains toevoegen?

Is het dan zo dat mijn .com domein alleen een redirect URL is? Of kan ik als ik een bestandje op de server zet (laat zeggen 'voorbeeld.html') dat ook kan openen via www.project-tenerife.com/voorbeeld.html?

Excuse me for that one who couldn't read this post. I didn't know what Bondings meant, therefore I change to my (and his) native language. Wink
Bondings
Eerst moet je je domein registereren bij een registrar zoals namecheap.com of godaddy.com . Na de registratie moet je de nameservers veranderen naar ns1.frihost.net en ns2.frihost.net .

En dan je domein gewoon toevoegen aan cPanel bij parked domains of addon domains.
bogden
i'm sure the problem has been solved now by all the posts; but this seems like a reminder that this information (how to link a .com/.net/.... domain to your frihost hosting) should be posted more conspicuously in the forums, or also in the emails that get sent out when your account gets created.
SBrian
I asked budgethosting.nl, whether they could register it, and change the nameserver. They answerred:

"if (and only if) there is no outstanding amount on the account and the Nameservers pass the SIDN name server check."

Can I register a domain at this registar?
Bondings
Dat zou normaal gezien moeten lukken. Waarschijnlijk checken ze eerst of er op de server al een record van je domein heeft.

Daarentegen, ben je wel zeker van je domein te bestellen bij budgethosting.nl? Dat lijkt me eerder een hosting site, maar de keuze ligt bij jou. In ieder geval, zouden de domeinen al beschikbaar moeten zijn rond de 10Eur per jaar.
SBrian
Dat zijn ze ook, en de keuze voor deze is eigenlijk omdat ik met deze dienst al een beetje via via bekend ben... Laughing Vandaar...
BlackMask
Yes Thanks You
silvergaze
um perhaps u could try using freewebs as it has given a good link for gettin a domain. tt domain i heard was preety fast and the prices are resonable.
Daniel15
silvergaze wrote:
um perhaps u could try using freewebs as it has given a good link for gettin a domain. tt domain i heard was preety fast and the prices are resonable.

Freewebs??!??!?!

If you want to buy a domain, go with either NameCheap or DomainSite. They've both got great prices, and excellent technical support.
silvergaze
ya tts true tt true bout namecheap hw ever i haven heard bout domainsite thou but namecheap is gd Smile
Daniel15
silvergaze wrote:
ya tts true tt true bout namecheap hw ever i haven heard bout domainsite thou but namecheap is gd Smile

The thing I love about DomainSite is their technical support! I needed to ring them about my password (which unfortunately, I had forgotten, and the 'Forgotten Password' option on their site wasn't working properly). I was on hold for about 5 seconds, and the guy that I spoke to fixed my account straight away Very HappyVery Happy