FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Extreme metal

LordWorm
I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty much into extreme black and death metal music. I've read alot of threads here but havn't really found a single one about underground metal. Anyway, I play guitar, drums and I sing some, too.

If there are any other members here that have a band, demo or signed, which plays underground music feel free to post a reply here. And if you have a website, post the URL too!

If you like and have the time, check out one of the bands that I play in:
www.carneous.se
SunburnedCactus
Me! Me!

I haven't put anything up on the web yet, but I'll send a link when I do!

I think there are some extreme metal fans here (the username "Burzum" gives one of them away Very Happy ). Exactly what sorts of bands are you referring to though? The definition of extreme is a bit strained these days...
burzum
yeah thats me burzum.....well whats the point in telling that something is extreme or black or whatever, as long as you like it types/style/etc has no meaning Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
MetallianRose
I like Burzum, Deicide, Death, Macabre, Emperor, Natte Frost, Carpathian Forest, Old Man's Child, etc...
I'm not really sure if any of those are "extreme" but, yeah...I like them Smile
SunburnedCactus
MetallianRose wrote:
I like Burzum, Deicide, Death, Macabre, Emperor, Natte Frost, Celtic Frost, Old Man's Child, etc...

Yes, they all qualify as Extreme Metal bands. They also qualify as top-notch bands!
LordWorm
People with a liking for death and black metal often seem have it as a lifestyle too, so to mention it was merely to find others like me. Alternative people Razz This is a pretty nice place for finding demobands also.

Anyway, I don't want to label myself really. A bit maybe, but not that much. I listen to all kinds of music, ranging from everything that's on the radio to really obscure underground bands. Music for me is a way of life, and I love music as it is. Everyone should be able to do that.

When I play on the other hand I go for death metal mostly. It has a special feeling in it that's hard to find in other genres. It's raw, fast and absolutely crushing, which makes it really special to play. I will try to upload some samples or even whole songs from my band for you guys when I get my site running, and maybe some videos where I play some drums, too Smile

(I was just looking for free webspace to upload a drumvideo for a friend in the first place, that's why I got in here. But I think I will stay here for a bit longer now.)
supjapscrapper
LordWorm wrote:
People with a liking for death and black metal often seem have it as a lifestyle too, so to mention it was merely to find others like me. Alternative people Razz This is a pretty nice place for finding demobands also.

Anyway, I don't want to label myself really. A bit maybe, but not that much. I listen to all kinds of music, ranging from everything that's on the radio to really obscure underground bands. Music for me is a way of life, and I love music as it is. Everyone should be able to do that.

When I play on the other hand I go for death metal mostly. It has a special feeling in it that's hard to find in other genres. It's raw, fast and absolutely crushing, which makes it really special to play. I will try to upload some samples or even whole songs from my band for you guys when I get my site running, and maybe some videos where I play some drums, too Smile

(I was just looking for free webspace to upload a drumvideo for a friend in the first place, that's why I got in here. But I think I will stay here for a bit longer now.)

I just have the same opinion, when I was a lot younger I was really happy to love heavy metal and black or gore metal music, although in my land peopla took me as a freak, since almost nobody listens to english-speaking music. But I've learned with age that taste evoluate and now I listen to reallly pretty much but really love new age music as well as black Metal and symphonic Metal.
Band s are great and undergroud music is greater!!! so do further people what you're good at Very Happy
H3LL5P4WN
I'd have to advertise my best friends band then:

http://myspace.com/sunstormdownfall
Reign
check http://athwart666.blogspot.com/

made by a friend of mine. I'm into death metal but more into hardcore. Black metal is way over my head, just don't understand the music
valo
I love Death Metal and Black Metal. Especially the Melodic ones. My favourite-bands are In Flames, Skyfire, Dimmu Borgir, Arch Enemy and Extol. These play very good music. I love swedish and finnish metal. There are so much great over there. I am a norwegian, and there's not many good metal-bands over here, but Dimmu, Extol, Vardøger and Vaakevandring are great ones.
Zibé
another extrême metal fan...
I listen to many styles of music, like jazz, rap or reggae
but especially death metal and grindcore.
For example, Im listening to "dissimulate", of The Berzerker (australia)
jest after "Terraformer", of Knut (switzerland)
Kill_em_all_666
valo wrote:
I love Death Metal and Black Metal. Especially the Melodic ones. My favourite-bands are In Flames, Skyfire, Dimmu Borgir, Arch Enemy and Extol. These play very good music. I love swedish and finnish metal. There are so much great over there. I am a norwegian, and there's not many good metal-bands over here, but Dimmu, Extol, Vardøger and Vaakevandring are great ones.

omg Rolling Eyes I hope youre kidding! Haven't you heard of Burzum!!!? If you really like black metal you should know that Burzum is the ****** shit!!!

MetallianRose wrote:
I like Burzum, Deicide, Death, Macabre, Emperor, Natte Frost, Carpathian Forest, Old Man's Child, etc...

I love you!!! who ever you are!!! Smile I like those bands!!! good taste in music! congratulations ^_^ Cant forget... King Diamond, Mercyful fate, Venom, Bathory, Immortal

p.s.

Vikernes should totally rule Norway and have that emo kid up there executed for not knowing who he is.
burzum
Kill_em_all_666 wrote:
valo wrote:

omg Rolling Eyes I hope youre kidding! Haven't you heard of Burzum!!!? If you really like black metal you should know that Burzum is the **** shit!!!

MetallianRose wrote:

I love you!!! who ever you are!!! Smile I like those bands!!! good taste in music! congratulations ^_^ Cant forget... King Diamond, Mercyful fate, Venom, Bathory, Immortal

p.s.

Vikernes should totally rule Norway and have that emo kid up there executed for not knowing who he is.

totally agree with what u said Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil