FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain Questions

Summer
1. Let's say I bought a domain called example.net . I want to parked it so that I can access my site : alphastudio.frihost.net using example.net . But I've tried b4 using .be domain , it work like a redirection (when i typed example.net/forums , it redirect me to alphastudio.frihost.net/forums) , I don't want redirection , I want it works like when I typed example.net/forums , it still show as example.net/forums .

2. If I succeeded (above) , can I make a subdomain download.example.net[b] that link to another host that is not hosted by frihost (the url that displayed is [b]download.example.net )

Thanks .
k_s_baskar
Quote:
But I've tried b4 using .be domain , it work like a redirection (when i typed example.net/forums , it redirect me to alphastudio.frihost.net/forums) , I don't want redirection , I want it works like when I typed

Instead of using url forwarding modify the nameserver of your .be domain and park to your frihost a/c.

Quote:
I want to parked it so that I can access my site : alphastudio.frihost.net using example.net . example.net/forums , it still show as example.net/forums .

Change the nameserver of the domain to frihost nameserver (i.e. ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net) and loging to your frihost control panel and park the domain.

It will create a new folder for your new domain. the folder will be having a unique public_html folder for your domain. Create the folder forums and install your forum script . Now you can access www.example.net/forums
Daniel15
Make sure you remember to put a slash at the end of the address if it is a directory, for example, example.com/forum/

You can park a .be domain, you just need to change the name server entries. Then, you add the domain as a 'Parked Domain' (cPanel) or 'Domain Pointer' (DirectAdmin)