FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

John Lennon

MetallianRose
I seem to be the only one who has remembered...

Exactly 25 years ago from today, John Lennon was shot and killed by a "fan" by the name of Mark David Chapman.

25 years have past...and he was only 40...
Imagine all the albums he could have made in those 25 years ;(

Well, I miss him. Any one else love him as much as me?
no.name.zg
Why did he kill hi, if is he "fan" Question
MetallianRose
Cuz he was crazy....haha.

John Lennon said "I'll probably be popped off by some loony" when someone asked how he thinks he will die. He was right, apparently.

The man who killed him had just bought a copy of his (and Yoko Ono's) album "Double Fantasy" and had Lennon autograph it....then later, he just shot him...
'
EDIT:
Well, I researched a little bit on Chapman, and it turns out he really WAS crazy. He had been addicted to drugs and he was in the hospital for some mental illnesses.
He had a mental breakdown and became obsessed with Lennon. He actually married a Japanese woman because she reminded him of Lennon's wife, Yoko Ono.
There really wasn't much of a reason to kill Lennon.
rip8fan1
I doubt if I love him as much as you, but I do miss the music that he could have produced in the last 25 years. One of my favorite songs is 'Imagine'.

Everytime I go to get new glasses, I always ask for the 'John Lennon' Frames, and most places know exactly what I want!!!
carlokes
The killer said he was "commanded" to do so....to me...he just become obsessive with his fame and tried to get some too.
MetallianRose
Imagine is a really good song...

Did he say who "commanded" him to kill him?
I agree with you, I think he just became too obsessive...
icugaming
That loony who shot him is a half an hour away from me, at the Attica Prison.

I just wanna go there and spit in his face.
BlackMask
Imagine is a really good song...
wutangdan
John Lennon was a fantastic song-writer, but I have found that he did go off the deep-end towards the end of his life. I personally found that he got too preachy when he didnt have the calming effects of The Beatles around him. Yoko Ono has a lot to answer for in my book. Especially everything she has done since his death.
Phil
I remember the moment I heard he was killed. I was a freshman in High School on the bus going to school when the news came over the radio.
What a shame. He had just come out with that last album and really looked like he was about to get his act together.
wutangdan is right. He was freaky.
I blame Yoko. To me she was a freak-screaming-banshee with no talent whatsoever.
Jaime
Go and **** you in the hell, Mark David Chapman Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ParkourJP
MetallianRose wrote:
Cuz he was crazy....haha.

John Lennon said "I'll probably be popped off by some loony" when someone asked how he thinks he will die. He was right, apparently.

The man who killed him had just bought a copy of his (and Yoko Ono's) album "Double Fantasy" and had Lennon autograph it....then later, he just shot him...
'
EDIT:
Well, I researched a little bit on Chapman, and it turns out he really WAS crazy. He had been addicted to drugs and he was in the hospital for some mental illnesses.
He had a mental breakdown and became obsessed with Lennon. He actually married a Japanese woman because she reminded him of Lennon's wife, Yoko Ono.
There really wasn't much of a reason to kill Lennon.

No, gosh. Do your research correctly. He was no crazy, he was deranged. There is a difference. So the next time you do your research, do it right.