FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to relax for $3.50 in Australia

David_Pardy
Anyone here heard of Arnott's? They make biscuits that are sold in Australia. One particular line of biscuits is the 'Mint Slice' range, they're really nice chocolate biscuits with a mint centre.

Anyway, I have discovered that eating a whole pack of them is quite relaxing and makes everything go a bit fuzzy!

This can't be healthy Wink.
ocalhoun
Peppermint oil is supposed to have some effects on your brain.
Perhaps that's whats going on...
David_Pardy
Could very well be!

I know that mint also works as a laxative too.
waiteck
Perhaps buy some chocolate and enjoy. I heard that chocolate contains a substance that relaxes the mind.
David_Pardy
I get the same effect from eating m&ms although to a lesser extent.

I'd say the mint probably contributes.

Mmm... mint...
LostOverThere
They taste Minty...

Though, I also like Allans lollies! :p
Daniel15
I hate the taste of mint!

I really liked these particular brand of choc chip biscuits, though. I think they were from K-Mart or Target or something. Appearently, they're the best in Australia! Very HappyVery Happy 45% chocolate chips or something... Very nice Very Happy
mark
You can't be serious. Who eats a whole packet of biscuits. No matter what brand they are, a person has to go fuzzy by eating a whole packet!!
hahame
buy some meal to eat ,i think the first thing is the full eat
dark_one
errrm...

i) Coles has them on special for $2
ii) Eating a whole pack would be sickly
iii) Yes, it is unhealthy...
David_Pardy
Oh I know it's unhealthy.

I have been working on healthy-ing up my diet lately though. I've just tonight made a whole bunch of vegemite sandwiches to take to work so I don't spend money! I spend probably $100 a fortnight on breakfast and lunch, I think I can cut that down to about $30 at the most by making the sandwiches and having Up & Gos for breakfast!
dark_one
David_Pardy wrote:
Oh I know it's unhealthy.

I have been working on healthy-ing up my diet lately though. I've just tonight made a whole bunch of vegemite sandwiches to take to work so I don't spend money! I spend probably $100 a fortnight on breakfast and lunch, I think I can cut that down to about $30 at the most by making the sandwiches and having Up & Gos for breakfast!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Vegemite is absolutely disgusting, HOW can YOU eat that horrid stuff???

and how in the world do you spend $100 on brekkie & lunch???
drunkfun
F U C K Y O U.. vegimite is the f*cking greatest spread of all time.

ALL HAIL SHANE WARNE! ALL HAIL THE GREAT MAN
David_Pardy
I've always liked vegemite. Added to that it's got plenty of Folate in it which the doctor told me I need more of Very Happy.

The reason I spend anything up to $100 a fortnight on brekky and lunch is because there is a fantastic take-away shop just down the road. They serve everything from fish and chips to burgers and they also make some of the BEST Chinese food I have ever had. So I might get myself a bacon and egg roll for breakfast for $3.80, and then a tub of Special Fried Rice for lunch for $5... And then there's the cold 1.25L bottle of Coke from IGA for $2.50 (they take them off the shelves, put them in the fridge and sell them for cheaper than the 600ml bottles).

So that's already $11.30 for food in one day.
LostOverThere
@dark_one: You musn't be a true Aussie, everyone has to love Vegemite, it has essences of Vege & mite in it. Smile
jazrt
Three days lack of sleep can make you go dizzy as well.

Vegemite is great on hot toast with melted butter.
or a fair smothering of butter with vegimite on untoasted bread.

I think the rule for vegimite is on toast. One spread on to scrapes off.
he he he
drunkfun
how good is straya