FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any good Co-op games outhere?

greenman
I have been looking for a good PC game that supports networked cooperative play so I thought I would ask for ideas from the forum.
trickstott
Do you have a particular genre in mind?

For first person shooters, you have a few options, especially if you like the squad based military games.

For strategy and real time strategy, you are pretty much out of luck. Certain games will allow you to ally with your friends, but few will enable you to complete a scenario with out a specific victor, and even fewer will allow for a cooperative campaign.

I understand that there are some flight sims with a strong co-op factor, but you will have to use the advanced search on Gamespot to find them.

What in did you have in mind?
Hobbad
Since this is already a topic I may go on a tangent here...

Why are there no co-op games anymore?

I mean you either CAN'T play with your friends, you can but you have to kill each other, you can but, it's pointless and doesn't count for squat, just a little minigame that's very repeatitive.

What happened to games like Perfect Dark, for the N64, where you could play the entire story line with a partner, I mean, I like being able to do co-op story soooo much, like BATTLE TANKS!{also for the N64}, and I'd like to be able to do so without having to have my friend have his own system, I enjoy just having a friend over and playing WITH them in the SAME room, I really don't mind split screen, doesn't bother me. It's just most of my favorite games are the ones that allow Storyline Co-op and it's sad to see so few of them anymore.