FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe, A movie made by Disne

eqfan
The movie will be on tomorrow.
I have read the book. It's really cool.
quick_basic
I think it wont be that good. For some reason Disney doesn't make good movies. But thats just me.
thelostgallery
Somehow I'm pretty curious about this movie. I didn't read the books although friends said they were pretty amazing.

However, I afaraid to be disapointed. To be honest, the trailer isn't that good and it remains a kid's movie. I would probably just gowatch it for the effects but not for the plot.

I did enjoy Harry Potter movies along with An unfortunate series of events so who knows.
gh0stface
I'm actually going to go see this with a group of friends tonight! I'll post back my thoughts when I get done seeing it Smile

I hope it lives up to my expectations though.
blu3bird
the pple hu created LOTR shld continue making fantasy movies like narnia. now tat disney had taken it over, it looks like a kids movie ...z..z.z.z.z.z.z judging frm the trailers. imagine a kids shouting "NARNIAAA !!!" how lame...
gh0stface
blu3bird wrote:
the pple hu created LOTR shld continue making fantasy movies like narnia. now tat disney had taken it over, it looks like a kids movie ...z..z.z.z.z.z.z judging frm the trailers. imagine a kids shouting "NARNIAAA !!!" how lame...

Considering the books are made for kids... obviously the movie is going to be made for kids...

Anyways, the movie was a pretty good adaptation. Although it was a little drawn out. Longer then it should've been. Although they kind of missed some details, they were pretty close to the novel.

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, I'd give it a 7.5
colilon
I cant wait to see this flick...
Hope not to be disapointed, meaning, Ive read the book, along time ago, and really really enjoy it+love disney pics, even kids ones.

So, Because my exp are high, I hope not to 'crash' whan I see it..,.Smile
Scaramanga
blu3bird wrote:

You ARE aware that Tolkein and Lewis were friends right? I think Tolkein was very enamored of Lewis' works, they just had different styles is all.

Also, Peter Jackson IS making another movie (well besides King Kong): The Hobbit. I am very looking forward to his version of Smaug. Very Happy
danikuzi
I alredy saw the movie... THE MOVIE IS SUPER WICKED!!!
I mean it's better than the old version...and Lucy is way more better than the previous one...

well just watch the movie.
moncader
Just saw the movie last night, it was great! And it has the MOST INSANE GRAPHICS EVER! The animals are craszy with the graphics, just amazing.
monkeybum
It's a great film!

(And just to be annoying and pinickety the actual title is The Chronicles of Narinia - The Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe)

I thought it was great, I read the book years ago and saw a couple of plays of it - again years ago, but the film was brilliant! Had my friend literally on the edge of his seat for most of it!
colilon
Wow, this movie is great...
Except the acttors are so annoying, the plot, the effects, and just everything were great,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

if they make the other books as well, it will be awsome.
grnsmilie
meh... I thought it was a mediocre movie.

Wasn't impressed with the acting of the four kids. Not much development of any of the other characters, which lead to some awkward dialogue--I'm thinking specifically of an exchange towards the end between the older brother and a centaur.

The graphics were impressive. There was a gryphon that absolutely blew my mind. But, at the same time, some scenes were obviously green screened. Kind of killed the suspension of disbelief.

Now, my girlfriend, she absolutely loved it, but she also read the books when she was younger, and I've never read them. So maybe this is a movie for the fans only.
jerski
graphics are awesome !

the story is so kewl !

this movie rocks !
matt87
I haven't had time to see this movie yet. I remember reading the book a long time ago. Maybe I will just wait till its on DVD. Don't have time to go to the movies.
de-nachtegaaltjes
Great movie.