FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FriH points and FRIH$

ocelotweb
Ok i'm going through posts and such and I'm noticing people with 1000's of points and dollars. What exactly do you do with all of those. Is there more options that open up to you whenever you get more and more points? Like more bandwidth, disk space, that kinda deal?
Simulator
ocelotweb wrote:
Ok i'm going through posts and such and I'm noticing people with 1000's of points and dollars. What exactly do you do with all of those. Is there more options that open up to you whenever you get more and more points? Like more bandwidth, disk space, that kinda deal?

How the points work is;
Points: This allows you to have Frihost Hosting, if it reaches below -20 you will lose it
FRIH$: Bondings is building a system that you can use your FRIH$ to buy addons like bandwidth, but is not done yet.

PS: There are a million threads about this
n0obie4life
It's -20 not -10.

And it's impossible to get 1000s of points ATM Razz

Also, don't rush us about the Shop, we're kinda busy (esp since Bondings is the only coder Smile)
KHO
wait, is there a max on the points then? Did l miss that in the FAQ/TOS, or am l just forgetting it? because l know l read that it will only deduct points if you have a hosting, so if there is no cap, and someone didn't sign up for the hosting yet, it would be very easy to get 1k Neutral
but l'm probably just forgetting something from the TOS, all l can remember right now is that l found a typo in there Neutral but l liked it, so l'm not telling where it is unless you ask nice Neutral
n0obie4life
If you don't have hosting and you are as active as me, yeah, it's possible Neutral
Daniel15
KHO wrote:
wait, is there a max on the points then?

Yes, there is a maximum of 45 points. If you go over that, it will be reset to 45 at the end of the day.

It's all clearly defined in the points FAQ.
engeland
is there like a hack to have this sorta money thing in your personal forum? Confused
Daniel15
engeland wrote:
is there like a hack to have this sorta money thing in your personal forum? Confused

Yes, a type of money modification is available for all the popular forum software.

If you use SMF, then you'd use SMFShop to get a money system, with bank as well. SMFShop is written by me Very HappyVery Happy
n0obie4life
The "resetting" to 45 points is a custom script. Don't bother asking us for the code anyway Wink
foumpie
daniel15 wrote:
engeland wrote:

Yes, a type of money modification is available for all the popular forum software.

If you use SMF, then you'd use SMFShop to get a money system, with bank as well. SMFShop is written by me Very HappyVery Happy

does he mean his own money system,
or putting his money of this forum on his Question

if you want you're own money system,
and you have a phpBB board
www.phpBB.com --> downloads --> search @ 'CASHmod'
engeland
oh this would be it right?

where you can donate etc. Just like what you have on frihost forums?
ocelotweb
Ok that's what I figured. Ummm another question or topic rather how does the rank system work and how are ranks attained? I can see New Member, and FriHoster, and Moderator. Also I would look this up it's just I'm kinda lazy and that's what friends are for to help each other out Very Happy
Simulator
n0obie4life wrote:
The "resetting" to 45 points is a custom script. Don't bother asking us for the code anyway Wink

THE ONLY FREAKIN CODER!!!!!!!!!!

WTF????? THIS FORUM IS FILLED WITH EVERY TYPE OF CODER THERE IS!!!

I will gladly help, after all its little I can do for such great hosting
mOrpheuS
ocelotweb wrote:
Ok that's what I figured. Ummm another question or topic rather how does the rank system work and how are ranks attained? I can see New Member, and FriHoster, and Moderator.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-14966.html

ocelotweb wrote:
Also I would look this up it's just I'm kinda lazy and that's what friends are for to help each other out Very Happy

lazy is right. Rolling Eyes
ocelotweb
Ok cool deal now I know everything I should need to know as far as rules and ranks and stuff goes. A little off topic maybe but I was wondering if anyone had a .js file for a fade in color. Like a link is white and when you hover over it with the mouse it turns blue. If not no big deal.
Daniel15
n0obie4life wrote:

Geez, that would be easy....

Code:

<?php
echo 'Removed by n0obie4life'
?>

and then run that with a cron job. Obviously, some things would need to be edited, such as the database username and password, the forum database name, the forum users table name and the money field name.
n0obie4life
Very Happy

Bondings doesn't wish to tell anyone the "secret code".
Daniel15
n0obie4life wrote:
Very Happy

Bondings doesn't wish to tell anyone the "secret code".

The "secret FriHost code" shall now be locked away forever deep inside the sacred realm of 216.32.68.250 Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

And it shall NEVER be revealed (how stupid was I? I should have never posted that code! Now Bondings will be out to get me Very Happy)

P.S Not really. Anyone with basic PHP/MySQL skills could write something similar......
cnnet
I reg a web site on fri
it disaccount the points
and others keep
mstreet
Thanks that explains it all