I've been looking for a new host for a web site for a non-profit, and I was really surprised to find a free one that seems to have everything I need. My chief concern is the site might go down right when we're in the middle of a fundraising drive or trying to launch something.
I've read the FAQ and various forum posts that say reliability is decent. Is there anything else I should be consider before moving the site here?
- Will you not be able to stay active - I think so
- Will your site contain any "illegal" stuff - nope
- Will your site be a site that will harm the world - nope. It's to help the world.
- Will your site be a site that will harm the server - nope.
Here are my concerns:
1) Is there anything that might cause the site to appear unprofessional?
2) I signed up right when there was some big outage. From the forum it looked like this was unprecedented, but I'd like to find out more about people's experiences with this.
//othing says you are not serious like a subdomain at some free hosting site. //
I totally agree. My employer does have his own domain name, and the site is currently hosted elsewhere. I'll probably test and fool around under the subdomain, but it will definitely be switched to a real domain name if we move the non-profit site here.
It sucks that people have to show they have money (i.e., paid for a domain name) to be taken seriously, lol.
these sites are allways unstable
so you'd better back up your data usually