FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you could remake a game from the past, what would that b?

greenman
Question Question Question
I remember spending long hours playing Daggerfall. Although glitchy, and at times repetitive. it was creepy, open ended, and huge.
It would be cool if bethesda were to re-release it with the latest graphics and windows compatible.
Kelcey
Bionic commando... I wanna know what that'd look like on a next gen system.
mohamed
master of magic i guess. It really entertained me a bunch then. ANd also alone in the dar. With the mediocre graphics, it was already quite thrilling... i wonder how it will be today.
foumpie
pacman !! Wink
best game ever made

or maybe PONG !
greenman
Open GL PacMan sounds awesome...
Revvion
A completly 3d (wel the models and levels) version of Double dragon Smile
Sparky666
I would remake Super Mario in 3D

Yes, that would be great!
ocalhoun
Sparky666 wrote:
I would remake Super Mario in 3D

Get a N64 man!

Anyway, I would re-do liero
the graphis were 16 bit, but the feel of the gameplay was very nice.
GrimReaper77
Lol, don't flame me for this one - but any of the Final Fantasy's before 8. I'll be the 1st in line to buy next-gen FF7. And I'd love to play the original FF games as they've been touted as having great storylines.

Those and any of the 2D arcade side-croller classics. Battle Axe would be awesome.
Hobbad
I would either remake, Chrono Trigger, not Chrono Cross but, Chrono Trigger -or- that Micheal Jackson game for the NES, that would be freakin' HILARIOUS!
Kestrel
Probably Final Fantasy - Mystic Quest or Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past. I loved those games... Embarassed
Monkeydog
Chrono Trigger or FFVI. <3

Oh, and SimTower.
blackomen12²
I would remake StarCraft! That game has been around forever. I would make it full 3D.
Haku
Megaman, a good remake of it.
Yes, there are some new Megaman games, but they all suck.
I want a remake of Megaman 2 or 4.
Those are great =)
NeShYU
It was nice whan I was sitting for all day and plaing Mario..... Is there some new version?
Deji
id like to see a remake / new version of Return To Castle Wolfenstein

there is something great about a kinda horror/ww2 crossover that makes it great.
Hanpusu-kun
Duuhhh.... a remake of Kid Icarus of course ^^
Gerardus™
hi,
I would like to see a next gen pilotwings. I've played it on the snes and the n64, but i would like to have it more realistic, like a real experience, to take off or land a plane, jump with a parachute from a plane and even fly a helicopter. I love to fly and i hope i can do that for real someday! Wink
Monkeydog
Haku wrote:
Megaman, a good remake of it.
Yes, there are some new Megaman games, but they all suck.
I want a remake of Megaman 2 or 4.
Those are great =)

They are remaking Megaman for the PSP.
votd
It's funny that you asked, I could count on to the eternity:
- Chrono Trigger
- Final Fantasy VII (for sure!)
- FFVII: AC as a game
- Paperboy
- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
- Boulder Dash
- Rockman
and many many more Smile
Hanpusu-kun
votd wrote:

Ain't this game like a remake of the PS version?
afux
i dont think that it is a game from the past
but it is already 6 years old
i would remake diablo 2

there are very much players who play it even today
but the graphics is a little bit od
and there are not many opportunities what u can do

the new patch 1.11 made the game a little bit better
but i would although change a lot of things
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Kestrel
Hanpusu-kun wrote:
votd wrote:

Ain't this game like a remake of the PS version?

Not really. It's just got the same basic idea of the game (being able to change jobs). And it's for the GBA. Wink
CMA
Funny, I've been asked that question quite a few times in the last months... lol

There are many games I'd like to see remade now, so I'll keep this list small:

- Gunstar Heroes (an old Sega Genesis goodie)
- Final Fantasy VII (squaresoft could've done better with the graphics, they were just lazy)
- Nocturnal Illusions (an old adult visual novel. outstanding storyline!)
- Diablo II (now THAT would rule!)
90degreedesign
believe it or not i'd wanna remake pole position!! it was an effin awesome game on the atari, and making it OpenGL would be an addictive little game i'd play for hours on end Exclamation
Yjaxygames
I would remake SONIC. I just love that game.
jeffleo
Sonic already have a remake...?

Anyways... I think I'd like to see Michael Jackson from Sega to be revived lol. It's pretty lame a game. But hey, that platform game is fun and kept me entertained since I was like... What? 4 years old?
criticaldensity
Atari made Super Sprint in 1986, the last of the Sprint series. I own one now and it's a party favourite. But there was an 8 player black & white one released in 1977 called Indy 800. And though Indy 800 had primitive graphics, I'm sure it must have been a freakin BLAST to play with 8 people. So Id like to see Indy 800 re-released with upgraded graphics like Super Sprint and maybe weapons like Mario Kart, all on a 27" color monitor in that table top cabinet.

go here to see Indy 800
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9741&letter=S

go here to see Super Sprint
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9952&letter=S
criticaldensity
90degreedesign wrote:
believe it or not i'd wanna remake pole position!! it was an effin awesome game on the atari, and making it OpenGL would be an addictive little game i'd play for hours on end Exclamation

Ya know, I'm really surprised no one has done this yet. That title is an all time famous name. It could have modern Formula One cars and modern tracks. For it being released in 1981, it had a pretty damn good framerate for rendered graphics. I'm talking about the arcade version. The 2600 version was .... blah!!
xray757
Track & Field was an awesome game on the C64!!! This has to be revived! As well as all other games that make you shake your joystick until it breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the joystick-producing industry must have a big interest in this!
Pikokola
Welll here is it

Ninja Gaiden
Arkenaoid
Super Mario Bross Smile

and many more,
I've playe so much game at that time, i'm almost forget all about them Sad
criticaldensity
xray757 wrote:
Track & Field was an awesome game on the C64!!! This has to be revived! As well as all other games that make you shake your joystick until it breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the joystick-producing industry must have a big interest in this!

check out my 4 player cocktail TnF, in the foreground.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22136797@N00/60695351/in/photostream/

pound away!! Very Happy
Hanpusu-kun
Is it only me that wants a remake of kid icarus?
its just a such good game ^^
lycadia
It was great.... you could be a 50 foot tall werewolf or a female giant lizard ala Godzilla or a giant ape like King Kong.... there might have been a robot or something too.
You could climb buildings and punch them and see what was inside like people bathing or fruit and get them for points and powerups. There were tanks that attacked you and you went from city to city as you beat each level. I was usually the Werewolf unless I was playing 2 player and they wanted the werewolf thing. I was so into werewolves. I was just small, but I would play it all the time while my mom and I were doing laundry in the laundrymat at this little camp ground we used to spent most of the summer at.
I really miss that game. It's pure nostalgia... Sadly, playing it again would probably not be nearly as cool as I remember it being.

I really liked the original "California Games" and "Paperboy" on NES too. And the second and third Super Mario Brothers games on NES or SNES too. But those don't really count since I could play them if I wanted.
clip
i would like a remake of Castlevania: SOTN. I still love side scrollers compared to those new 3D Castlevanias. Curse you Konami!!!!
masterevil
not that past but:

Fallout
Arcanum

Both are bestest RPGs i think. Fallout is good but Arcanum is the best. No game can give you the freedom that arcanum gives.