FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AV Switches

jarred89
Hello, I have a mixer i have a cd player and the computer going into the same plug and when i turn them on they sound weird and deep i was wondering if i got a AV Switch this would make it normal and clear does anyone know?
ocalhoun
They're going into the same plug on your speakers/sound system? is that it?
And you are running them all into the same plug how? With splitters?

If I'm guessing correctly, then first check the speakers.
If they have a treble/bass controll, then just adjust that; otherwise, an AV switch would probobly help.
jarred89
Yes there going through the same plug with a splitter and when i turn them both on at the same time they sound weird but when i plug the other one out it sounds great so i reckon ill have to get an AV Switch.
guitarnut
By running several in put's to gather, you are probably running too low of impedance at the input of the amp/preamp, each device will add a small resistance, and or signal loss even when not turn on, when turn on the resistance will be even greater. the deep or muffled sound that you hear, is moor likely due to the capacitance involved, witch is dropping the high frequencies to ground, like a tone con troll, you say you have a mixer, best thing would be to run everything through the mixer, then the mixer to your amp, if you don't have enough input's than try an av or audio switch, try radio shack, they have one for around, $12 - $15 or so, hope this helps.
jarred89
thanks for the help! i went out and brought an audio switch and it works fin now thanks Very Happy