FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Quick Question about music and MP3s

Hobbad
Would it be OK for me to have a MP3s or a song that I did not personally create in my animations that I plan on posting on my site, sorry, It just came to me, thought I'd ask before I start working on my site. ^_^
Freezon
Sorry, but having MP3 (or any other copyright, illegal or otherwise noted) types of files that ARE NOT PRODUCED (or created) by yourself is not allowed to be hosted.

If you have produced something of your own, you may send a private message to Bondings asking for permission to host it. Again, YOUR OWN WORK, not a "britney spears" song, as bondings often uses as an example. Laughing

NOTE: Even links to illegal files (copyright files) on your site are prohibited.

As far as, say, linking a music sample from a site (walmart.com for instance) and looping it to play on a site, I THINK that is legal. I have not seen that asked though so I do not know.
n0obie4life
You need to have the permission from the person who created the music.

He must allow you to use the music in the animation Smile
Hobbad
So what if I used music from the audio portal on newgrounds?

They are people who post their music creations online for the purpose of people to download for free and to use as long as they are credited somewhere.

Would that be ok? just crediting or should I, let's say, have their name link to their page on newgrounds where the rest of their work is?
thiamshui
That seems to be ok.. (as long as it is royalty-free, it shld b allowed)
KHO
you'd think so, but l asked bondings if l could have some royalty-free .midi files on mine and he denied, or maybe it was M0rpheus(sp?)....wither way, unless they mis-understood my request, thats a no-no
Hobbad
I think I'll wait for one of the admin to reply before, I do anything.

It's not like my site is working anyway. *cries softly* Just my luck, ^_^

(I've been getting "This Page Cannot Be Displayed")
Bondings
Hobbad wrote:
So what if I used music from the audio portal on newgrounds?

They are people who post their music creations online for the purpose of people to download for free and to use as long as they are credited somewhere.

Would that be ok? just crediting or should I, let's say, have their name link to their page on newgrounds where the rest of their work is?

We don't allow these kind of things because it's very hard to check wether the songs are legal or not. We only allow you to host the music you created yourself and after getting a permission.
Daniel15
KHO wrote:
you'd think so, but l asked bondings if l could have some royalty-free .midi files on mine and he denied, or maybe it was M0rpheus(sp?)....wither way, unless they mis-understood my request, thats a no-no

That's different. Maybe he misunderstood your request. Most MIDI files are completely royalty-free so should be able to use them.
IAMED_2
I thought this thread was about where I am, so I'll post here.

Are you allowed to link to music files created by you and hosted elsewhere without making any special requests?
Bondings
IAMED_2 wrote:
I thought this thread was about where I am, so I'll post here.

Are you allowed to link to music files created by you and hosted elsewhere without making any special requests?

Better make one to be sure of it. It makes our job easier.
IAMED_2
Alright.