FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

News Updates

tingkagol
Can any of you recommend a good news updater (not php-nuke)?

I've been stuck in html all my life. What I do when I update the news in my site is, I practically fiddle with the html code and write the entire "news update" on the designated "news" table.

What I want is to keep my html coding as simple as possible. The table would probably just link to a certain file containing the news updates for it to display. No, I'm not talking about php's include command.

I just want to stop editing my html page to add very unorganized "news updates" onto its coding. I just want a simple script that "calls" for the news updates to be displayed on that specific table.

It would also be nice if I would be able to give updating permissions to other people so that they too can update the site but have no administrative powers.

Hope you people can help me.
Naif
You might try out CuteNews. It can be downloaded from
http://cutephp.com/cutenews/

I am thinking about using it in an upcoming site of mine.
tingkagol
Whoah. This is pretty much what I was looking for. I've read its readme and this is pretty much what I wanted to do with my news. I still need to try it out though, don't have the time now. Smile

I'll post back when I get it working.
tingkagol
hmmm... is this the best news program around? Can anyone else recommend a better program?
tingkagol
After fiddling with its templates, I think I'll stick with this. Thank you very much for the link, Naif! Cool