FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any opinions on web-based FTP

happy_harry
Has anybody a view on web-based FTP such as NET2FTP.COM

This often seems to be unavailable because of bandwidth problems.
Freezon
I myself do not like web-based FTP transfers. They tend to be slow and sluggish due to high bandwidth usage and often have a horrible interface. I would rather use a nice, clean, cut, and free FTP program, such as FileZilla.

FTP programs often have more options then do web-based also and, because your not running through the same site as everyone else to transfer files, the uploads are much faster.
KHO
Personally, l use Total commander (http://www.ghisler.com/) l haven't had a single problem yet, and it lets me do oh so much more, making my life easy with all the copying l have to do. It saves me so much time a day. l highly recommenf this for everyone, and theres even a shareware version (haven't used it yet, l have the pro 6.0) l'm not sure if the shareware can use ftp though, but if it can, then get it!
reynaldosheppard
you may use http://www.ftp4net.com too. With ftp4net.com, you can access any FTP account through a Web interface - no matter whether there is a firewall or not. You can use ftp4net for the complete administration of your homepage, downloading files or just making small changes.Its a total web based ftp solution.