FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

n00b question

NuniPio
dnt larf at this but..anybody know how to get into safe mode?
Naif
If your using Windows XP or 2000 then rress the F8 key before the OS starts to boot or else if your using Windows 9x or ME, press the F5 key instead.
ashok
u mean get into windows safe mode? just restart suddenly... windows will give the option to boot into safe mode Very Happy

just keep hitting F8 during booting time.. u'll get the loading options list.. in it will be the option to load into safe mode. Smile
n0obie4life
Naif, on all systems it's the F8 button Rolling Eyes

I use the F8 button..
Naif
n0obie4life wrote:
Naif, on all systems it's the F8 button Rolling Eyes

I use the F8 button..

Yes my friend, you are right Smile On all systems you can use the F8 button to get access to the menu from where you can select to enter Safe mode instead of normal mode. Where as under Windows 9x, you can use F5 to directly enter into Safe mood. Not sure if whether we can enter Safe mode under XP by just pressing the F5 button. Havent tried that ever.

By the way, just a while back I came across a post of yours where you wrote Windows detects your 512 MB memory as 480. Its detecting it as 480 because the 32 MB is being detected to your onboards graphics card Smile