FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AJAX?

eepman
So, I was wondering, has anyone here tryed their hand at that new-fangled AJAX stuff. I was thinking of incorporating it into my third or fourth site redesign. Where I have seen it its been pretty nice lookin. I should learn it first though. Smile
Any thoughts on it Question
webbone
I'm learning altas,I know little of ajax,But I have two domain about ajax!
http://ajax.net.ru and http://ajax.pp.ru
shabda
Quote:
So, I was wondering, has anyone here tryed their hand at that new-fangled AJAX stuff

For those of you who dont know what is AJax, its Asynchronous Java Script and Xml. But thats all I know about it, apart from the fact that its a new and better way to build dynamic, yet client side, scripts.
But I hate client side programming. Know why? Coz of that ****ing thing called IE which cant even run simple JS codes properly.
Grimboy
I fiddled around a bit with it. Its cool and if I can think of any implementations that need it then I'll use it but I think sometimes people use it just for the sake of using it.

Also IE has a really bad implementation of the DOM.
shabda
Quote:
Also IE has a really bad implementation of the DOM.

Oh, do they have an implementation of DOM. But if they do, I was never able to understand it.
Simulator
Done Frihost support it? I know it dosn't support DOM in PHP.... well not the part I need anyway
gamo
eepman wrote:
So, I was wondering, has anyone here tryed their hand at that new-fangled AJAX stuff. I was thinking of incorporating it into my third or fourth site redesign. Where I have seen it its been pretty nice lookin. I should learn it first though. Smile
Any thoughts on it Question

AJAX stand to "Asynchronus Javascript and XML" . It uses DOM, DHTML, CSS, and mainly Javascript to incoporate all together. You can search on google to get more useful information more.
Grimboy
I would recommend using prototype.js if you want to do AJAX as it wraps it up quite nicely. Moo.fx is my recomended visual effects libary.

Simulator: When the html is parsed into the DOM it is done by the browser. It can then by accessed by javascript which is a browser side language. Are you refering to Frihost not supporting a php xml parser?