FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

So is everyone here using HTML coding???

GDG
Hey guys,
I was wondering if everyone here is using HTML coding or are you guys using something else. Like programs to make your sites, want to know how many actually do HTML???
GDG
Anyone there lol???
n0obie4life
Firstly, this is a forum. Not a Instant Message Conversation. You can't expect replies 1 hour later all the time Wink.

Secondly, yes. Everyone does it in HTML (correct me Wink). Maybe with a little bit of PHP.
ashok
maybe he means do we directly code or we use WYSWIG editors.. I code directly... Smile
sprk3
I feel using html is the best.So we can have easy&fast development&access. Try programs like Frontpage or dreamweaver.
Huhnteufel
Frontpage and Dreamweaver are for phoney web designers! If you're gonna design a web page, do it right, code it by hand, make the graphics yourself, and code validly!
Summer
Dreamweaver uses <p> for line-break while I uses <br> . Not so good after all .
KHO
and whats wrong with <p>?? l like <p> myself, and l code by hand, so there Neutral
Rhysige
you use <br> ?? thats stupid Razz we all know its <qt>.. On a serious note though you never ended that line break so sticking in a line break should be done using <br />

And there is nothing wrong with <p> its just used for paragraphs rather than line breaks.
Summer
Okay , I admit I'm noob .

Quote:
This is <p>

This is <p>

Quote:
This is <br>
This is <br>

<p> made a larger space so I don't like it . That's all . I am not showing off .
n0obie4life
You have to close the <p> tag Rolling Eyes

Code:
<p>this is a paragraph</p>
whereas in <br /> you don't.
and just what on earth is <qt>?
Eyre
Huhnteufel wrote:
Frontpage and Dreamweaver are for phoney web designers! If you're gonna design a web page, do it right, code it by hand, make the graphics yourself, and code validly!

Dreamweaver is not for phoneys! I use dreamweaver, i've never used one of their preset tables or anything, i do everything by hand. Code, CSS, Graphics.....therefore proving my point.
Rhysige
<qt> is something I expect frontpage to put in whever I try to make a table Razz

And n0obie is right.
n0obie4life
<qt> isn't a valid xHTML 1.0 or HTML 4.01 tag Confused

Soo, just what is frontpage up to?
Rhysige
Dunno dont care I will never touch frontpage with a 100 foot firewall
Summer
Quote:
You have to close the <p> tag

Thats why ! Thx .
Huhnteufel
Eyre wrote:
Huhnteufel wrote:

Dreamweaver is not for phoneys! I use dreamweaver, i've never used one of their preset tables or anything, i do everything by hand. Code, CSS, Graphics.....therefore proving my point.

then you're just wasting money..you could just use a free program like Crimson Editor, which is an advanced text editor.
tingkagol
Summer wrote:
Dreamweaver uses <p> for line-break while I uses <br> . Not so good after all .

Shift+Enter my friend.

I love Dreamweaver 8. I would code my way in, and immediately see the results in the WYSIWYG window. Pretty convenient.
Reiji
n0obie4life wrote:
Secondly, yes. Everyone does it in HTML (correct me Wink). Maybe with a little bit of PHP.

Yeah, thats what I do...pure HTML (i am now trying to change to XHTML)...with just a thing or two in PHP.

And I code annually, i don´t use any editors.
foumpie
Reiji wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

Yeah, thats what I do...pure HTML (i am now trying to change to XHTML)...with just a thing or two in PHP.

And I code annually, i don´t use any editors.

me niether ...
html with (a lot) PHP
and i write my code in notepad.exe Smile
Eyre
Huhnteufel wrote:
Eyre wrote:
Huhnteufel wrote:

then you're just wasting money..you could just use a free program like Crimson Editor, which is an advanced text editor.

hehehe. i use Dreamweaver so i can see my CSS applied instead of having to either save and view or upload and view. Very Happy
mathiaus
Well in answer to your question as its written, yes everyone used HTML
In answer to whats I and others have assumed you actually meant, some people use WYSIWYG editors while lots write by hand.

Theres plenty of topics like this already in the scripting forum and its full of spam so ...
-close-