FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpBB Error, seems to be a MYSQL DB error...

Freezon
Quote:
Warning: main(./../db/mysql.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/freezon/domains/marc.frih.net/public_html/forum/includes/db.php on line 31

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../db/mysql.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/freezon/domains/marc.frih.net/public_html/forum/includes/db.php on line 31

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql_db in /home/freezon/domains/marc.frih.net/public_html/forum/includes/db.php on line 60

After successfully transfering the forum (phpBB2) to my subdomain directory (forum.marc.frih.net) via FileZilla I created a DB under MYSQL and entered the correct username, password and database names (under the installation fields). However, the above error occured, which possibly has something to do with the Database Server Hostname / DSN field.

I had left that field (Database Server Hostname / DSN) default (localhost) and had gotten the error.

Any tips or suggestions? Thanks a lot for reading and if you can, please post a tip.
n0obie4life
Make sure you uploaded all the files.

includes/db/
install/
Freezon
Quote:
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql_db in /home/freezon/domains/marc.frih.net/public_html/forum/includes/db.php on line 60

Yes, the db.php is there. All files are in their correct spot. The error has something to due with the mySQL Database that I created. I use the exact names and passwords, it must have something to do with the "Database Server Hostname / DSN" field as I stated earlier, but I am not too sure.

Any help at all would be appreciated.
n0obie4life
Hostname is "localhost"

Try re-uploading the files.
devroom
i ve the prblems to with my release too 7.x but i will get the new version and try again. maybe you could try too? or its a server 2 problem
n0obie4life
phpBB doesn't have 7.x AFAIK.
devroom
n0obie4life wrote:
phpBB doesn't have 7.x AFAIK.

didnt read it to well. was just writing for points Smile
im talking about phpnuke.
7,8 didnt work with me. but Ill try 7,9 if i have time
n0obie4life
Then go post a new topic about phpnuke.
Daniel15
Freezon wrote:
Quote:
Warning: main(./../db/mysql.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/freezon/domains/marc.frih.net/public_html/forum/includes/db.php on line 31

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../db/mysql.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/freezon/domains/marc.frih.net/public_html/forum/includes/db.php on line 31

This means that the ../db/mysql.php file doesn't exist. I'm not sure if that path is correct. It's looking in the folder above the forum folder for the mysql file. For example, if your forum is at /home/username/public_html/test/forum/, then the file would be at /home/username/public_html/test/db/mysql.php. Double-check the file is in the right folder, and try again.