FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

POG

edallica
does anyone remember POG? that game that involved piling discs with pictures on them, then battering the heck out of them with a crazy bit of plastic called a "kini"?

outstanding. i must have spent a fortune on those guys when i was small. think i completed the first series of them (with hundereds of doublers) but im not sure where it is in my house.

leading onto a slight;y different point...anyone else got strange toys that they remeber from when they were a younger. POG was a great collectabe/toy, but i think my all time favourite toy had to be manta force...anyone remeber manta force? absolutely amazing. (red venom anyone?) classic.
gh0stface
edallica wrote:
does anyone remember POG? that game that involved piling discs with pictures on them, then battering the heck out of them with a crazy bit of plastic called a "kini"?

I remember pogs. Except the plastic/metal piece that we banged out of the pogs was called Slammers from where I came from. I remember some weird and crazy rules depending on the decal of the slammers.
SunburnedCactus
One of those brief crazes back at school. Strangely compulsive... before they got banned because people got really mental about them and they caused violence.
a.Bird
I had so many pogs from matches, I was a pog hussler. In all seriousness, I was really good and ended up with hundreds of the cardboard discs from an original collection of about 20 or so. It probably died out because it wasn't as exciting as Super Nintendo, which was soon taken over by better consoles, so on and so forth. Ask any 8 year old these days what pogs are, they'll have no idea, but they can give you the cheat code to every pokemon game out there. Oh the simple days... Boo hoo!
a.han
pogs were awesome. i remember once my little brother cleared out some local "bigshot". took hundreds off him. happy days.

They were so expensive though £1 for six bits of card.

Rip off!
Slick
gh0stface wrote:
edallica wrote:

I remember pogs. Except the plastic/metal piece that we banged out of the pogs was called Slammers from where I came from. I remember some weird and crazy rules depending on the decal of the slammers.

slammers was the cheap copycat version brought out soon after the pog craz hit off!

remember slammers bringing out a metal slammer ... nightmare at school in my day with people throwing them about like ninja stars Laughing

few windows replaced cuz of them! Laughing
Cream
I remember playing with pogs for a few years when I was little, it was great, as just about everyone played with them, good memories.
I still have a few hundred left in my cupboard, gathering dust.