FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP newbie

jaam23
Hi,

I am looking to create a Photo based Website and have been told that PHP is a good way to do this.

Does anyone have any links to good advice about creating PHP photo websites.
eepman
Try Slooze, https://sourceforge.net/projects/slooze .
If its an image gallery type of site your working on.
It looks pretty nice. Smile

If the site is not image gallery, but just very image-y then just use plain html.
Please elaborate if this is not helpful.
Naif
Photo based website? You want to incorporate a photo gallery into your website? If yes, you can use coppermine photo gallery. Its official website can be reached through this URL: http://coppermine-gallery.net/

If you would like to see a demo of how it works then you can have a look at my website: http://shahrukh.co.nr Smile
shabda
First of all I am using FF so I dont know wat happens in IE.
Quote:
<%@ Language=JavaScript %>
Your page starts like this, before even the doctype. And this line is visible in my FF page. Whats this line for? Whatever its for, its not valid HTML. What about removing it?
Quote:
<FORM method=POST onsubmit="return validate(this)" name="join formular" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">

In your form action you pass "--WEBBOT-SELF--". Here there must be a link to page. So you get a page not exists error.
Grimboy
The first bit is asp which is not supported here at frihost and the second bit is a bloated frontpage form.
shabda
Quote:
First of all I am using FF so I dont know wat happens in IE.
Quote:
<%@ Language=JavaScript %>
Your page starts like this, before even the doctype. And this line is visible in my FF page. Whats this line for? Whatever its for, its not valid HTML. What about removing it?
Quote:
<FORM method=POST onsubmit="return validate(this)" name="join formular" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">

In your form action you pass "--WEBBOT-SELF--". Here there must be a link to page. So you get a page not exists error

Oops. OOPS! I wanted to post it in a different thread. Sorry. Sorry again.
Simulator
I have one made, and will gladly give you the Source code if you want it?
My gallery is at www.simandsim.com now that is on Frihosts Server 2 which is down ATM, but if you PM me with your email address I will send it to you
misterdimiz
I think coppermine is the best to do this