FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Account activation, email....

riv_
For some reason, I didn't receive my activation email. When I tried to re-register, I got a message saying my email address was already registered to another user.
SO I finally went ahead and registered using this email address, but I really want to change it to the other one (which is taken, but not activated).
Please help???
Thanks!
Bondings
I can't do anything without your username. If you post it here, I can remove it in order for you to sign up again.

By the way, please don't use aol email-addresses. They are (or were) blocking our emails.
riv_
Sorry, I somehow thought my username was posted automatically...
If you could remove riverweb for me, I would appreciate it.
(Then I can just change my email address for the current account, I think?)
Thanks so much!
-riv_
Bondings
Ok, I just removed the riv_ user.
riv_
Thanks, but that still doesn't quite help.
You see, now the account that actually worked is removed, and I can't start a new one with the correct email address because that account still exists, but I haven't received the confirmation email yet.
Can you still help?
Sorry...
riv_
Okay,
I wanted to get in on the forums now. So I reopened this account with my yahoo mail. But I want to use my regular email address for the account.
So please remove RIVERWEB.
Thankyou bunches Smile
Bondings
Ok, he's gone. Very Happy
frustrated guest riv_
This is so insanely frustrating...
I logged in, and changed my email address. I then came to this page to thank you for removing the old username, to find that I had been logged out. I am now unable to log in. When I try to log in with my current username (riv_) which worked a moment ago (it worked to change my email address!) I get the message that tells me I am using an invalid username or password.
Please help me. I am getting so frustrated.
I am starting to enjoy the forums, and I really want to request hosting.
Thankyou.
riv_
riv_...
Apparantly my account is now inactive. Is this expected? How do I activate it?
riv_
It is working now. I am sorry to be a pain in the (insert body part of choice here)
I guess I'm just eager (anxious?) to be part of Frihost.
(And it was frustrating)
Thanks again for your help, and your patience.
Xipha_
I did no recieve my activation e-mail. Could you have it sent again or something. My username that I signed up with is Xipha.

Thank You
freddi
I signed up and this page told me to check my email account. So i did.
Exclamation NOTHING Exclamation

My Validation email hasn't arrived and it's been awhile, and i want to get myself active for a hosting acoount

What do i do

Sad
n0obie4life
If you registered with an AOL email, you might not have received it as AOL might be blocking emails from us.
freddi
nah, i used a telstra/bigpond address that doesn't have a blocking service Confused
Daniel15
freddi wrote:
nah, i used a telstra/bigpond address that doesn't have a blocking service Confused

They actually might have such a service. TPG (www.tpg.com.au) have a 'sender verify' system that verifies the sender. I think the frihost activation email would come from something like nobody[at]host.frihost.net (maybe the 'From' header would be different, but the Envelope-From is what counts). TPG's server would then check if the email address nobody[at]host.frihost.net exists. Since it doesn't exist (well, I don't think it exists), TPG would drop the email. It's good in theory, but very bad in practise, as most automatic emails would get dropped.

About the AOL problem, from what I've heard, they seem to randomly block emails... Anyway (no offense to anyone that uses AOL here), would a person that uses AOL actually be smart enough to make a website?? Very HappyVery Happy
serginho_the_best
Twisted Evil
just_carol
My Validation email hasn't arrived too... I signed up with a Gmail webmail (the nickname was Just Carol) and it didn't work. Then, I tried other webmail account (UOL, from Brazil) and nickname (Brazilian Girl) and still nothing! Which webmail account should I use to recieve the validation email?

Sorry, my english is really bad!
thank you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Erstwhile_Traveller
Riv_ mentioned having reopened using a Yahoo email address, and it appeared to work in that case, but my original registration was with my Yahoo address, and that activation email has never arrived.

Is there, perhaps, a link (as with many other forum implementations) to allow someone to request for the system to resend the activation email without having to bother an administrator/operator? If not, what is the preferred thing to do in such a situation? Of course, I could register with a different name/address, but I don't want to add an extra account to your server if it's not actually necessary.

Thanks!
Blaster
I used yahoo too. It worked for me. I really don't know. Try getting a email from gmail. How long have you been waiting? It does take awail its not one of those atomatic ones.
Erstwhile_Traveller
Thanks for your quick reply. It's been about an hour and a half. I was hoping not to use my gmail address, since I use that for private email and I use the Yahoo address for website registrations. I keep the two very strictly apart in order to avoid spam in my nice, clean, gmail box.

Since, as you said, it's not automatic, I'll let it sit for a while, maybe just checking it once a day. The main thing is I wanted to be sure I hadn't missed the activation if it had, indeed, already been sent.

Thanks again!
Blaster
Yea know problem. The site admin has a lot to do becuase of the server crashing. So you may not get one that quick. So be patient and you will get it. Don't worry it will come.
Erstwhile_Traveller
Sounds good. Since I'm brand new, I hadn't looked at the information about the down server, and didn't realize that was a current issue. No problem waiting. Thanks.
Pan-rac
I have similar problem. I've been waiting about half a week for my activation and don't know is that right.
login: Panrac
Bondings
Panrac, I just activated your account. For others, I need your username to activate.

Activation emails should arrive almost immediately. A few seconds on average up to a few minutes/hours if you have a slow mailserver.
cazlun1
Hi, I have been waiting for the activation email as well. Please can you send it or activate my account for me please?
name is "cazlun".
Thanks.
Bondings
cazlun1 wrote:
Hi, I have been waiting for the activation email as well. Please can you send it or activate my account for me please?
name is "cazlun".
Thanks.

I activated your account. Aol is blocking our mail, so that's why you didn't get an email.
Erstwhile_Traveller
Bondings,

Since I had a bunch of work to do, I let it sit for a while, just in case, but
definitely still haven't received the email.

The username with which I registered was "Traveller".

Thanks.
"Juparis"
Unfortunately I still AOL for webmail, just because that's the email address everyone knows me by.

I tried signing up as Juparis, and got the same problem of no activation email.
Is it too much trouble to ask for activation? It seems like there's a lot of that going around.

Do you know of any aol-administration email that we could complain to? Perhaps, asking that they stop blocking certain emails (such as fronm FriHost, at least)?

Thanks in advance!
Blaster
Do you have a second email address that you could use instead of aol when you sign up? Not hotmail either. I would get a gmail account to do things like this.
"Juparis"
Could, would should. Blah. Firefox, though seemingly friendly and safe, is becoming more and more integrated with Google, each company feeding off of the other. It's sickening to me. I refuse to be associated with Google in any way that could be handled otherwise.

It seems pointless to sign up for a new email address just to receive an activation code. Nobody else would email me there, because everything I deal with goes through AOL. It's too much of a hassle to try and tell every relative, every site, every company that I've changed my email address..

Hey, if I could just get activate, I'd be active enoughto apply for hosting. Then, I would get email with the hosting package--I would use that for any forum-related stuff if there were still problems.. Wink
Bondings
"Juparis" wrote:
Could, would should. Blah. Firefox, though seemingly friendly and safe, is becoming more and more integrated with Google, each company feeding off of the other. It's sickening to me. I refuse to be associated with Google in any way that could be handled otherwise.

It seems pointless to sign up for a new email address just to receive an activation code. Nobody else would email me there, because everything I deal with goes through AOL. It's too much of a hassle to try and tell every relative, every site, every company that I've changed my email address..

Hey, if I could just get activate, I'd be active enoughto apply for hosting. Then, I would get email with the hosting package--I would use that for any forum-related stuff if there were still problems.. Wink

Please provide me with your username and I'll activate your account.
The username: Juparis

Such generosity is always appreciated on this end; thanks! Very Happy
Bondings
I just activated that account.
n0obie4life
Okay.

Please create a new topic if you have problems activating an account now Wink.

-close-