FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Navigation

Clergy
I am just gonna throw this out there because it is one of my biggest pet-peeves with some sites.

When designing a site... don't clutter it. Make things readable. Don't make it so that the viewer sees the site and has to decipher what he or she is looking for.

Along those lines, allow for easy navigation. I hate going to a site and not knowing what link I am supposed to click for what, and then clicking a link on a whim and it definitely being the wrong one and then trying to find where to go... or getting deep into a site and there not being a link to return to the index page.

To me, navigation and clarity of text is key to a successful site.
Panthrowzay
READ a Jakob Neilsen book if your new to site design really it helps alot. It shows what he said and then some more tips on good site design.

spaced flash buttons work wonders!
snowboardalliance
I would have to agree with this. Navigation is key for attracting visitors and keeping thier interest. If they can't find something quickly, they will give up.
Samuri
I use flash animations for my navigation features of my website
llsanderll
I agree, I really hate it when people give the same links different names though their website etc.
And wanting to ga back and having to click the 'Previous' button 10 times is a pain in the but too Rolling Eyes