FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

All you need to know about ISLAM!!!

salman_500
Hi,
i am a muslim and am ready to answer any question i can about islam...
any other muslim on this forum can also help me out....any1 can ask anything in this topic and inshallah ill try my level best to answer ur questions wi th references....

So wat you wanna know??
Texas Al
Where does the "72 wives in heaven" idea originate? And what do women get when they go to heaven?
seanooi
How did Allah passed away?
icedGEEK
Texas Al wrote:
Where does the "72 wives in heaven" idea originate? And what do women get when they go to heaven?

I always wondered about that.
Texas Al
seanooi wrote:
How did Allah passed away?

You probably mean, Mohammed, right? Allah = Jehovah = God = immortal.
khairulsyahir
Salam (which means peace),

Hello all! I'm a muslim too. I'll help Salman to answer any questions you guys got about Islam. By the way, one good website for Islam resources online is http://www.islamonline.org. Have a check!
Texas Al
Couple more questions:

Isn't representational art prohibited to muslims? If so, on what basis is photography and film permitted?

If "female circumcision" is not required by the Quran, why is the rest Muslim world not denouncing those who practice it in many Muslim countries of North Africa?
Texas Al
Any group of free and intelligent people has a broad diversity of opinions about everything, especially as subject as important as spirituality.

Among Christians, there are liberal denominations emphasizing a personal interpretation of scripture and the view that God is a loving, all-forgiving being as well as conservative denominations favoring a strict reading of the scripture and the view that God is a just but strict master. Among Jews there are Reform and Orthodox congregations.

What are the equivalent liberal and traditionalist factions within Islam? Do they exist as organizations spanning multiple mosques, or is each mosque independent from each other mosque? Which people are the most influential opinion-makers within liberal and traditionalist Islam?

Sadly, our media portrays your religion as a monolithic group of wild-eyed fanatics, and I know that cannot be true. Help us see the internal complexity and diversity of your religion by telling us a little bit about what the different points of view within Islam are.
drtooty
Quote:
What are the equivalent liberal and traditionalist factions within Islam? Do they exist as organizations spanning multiple mosques, or is each mosque independent from each other mosque? Which people are the most influential opinion-makers within liberal and traditionalist Islam?

God says in the Qur’an:

"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion” (5:3)
"And thus We inspired in You (Muhammad) a Spirit of Our command. You did not know what the Scripture was, nor what the Faith was. But we have made it a light whereby We guide whom We will of our bondmen..." (26:52).
Islam takes its creed and code of beliefs from the Lord Almighty, who revealed His words, teachings in one book called the Qur’an to Prophet Mohammad through the Archangel Gabriel.

The Qur'an is the Final Revelation from the Creator to humanity. It was revealed in the year 610 CE to the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him), and completed over a period of 23 years. These 23 years of revelation resulted in a book, comprised of 114 chapters and over 6000 verses. All of this was to become the primary source of law for the whole of mankind to live and die by.

The basic message of this divine religion, Islam, is the worship of God (i.e., Allah) alone and the avoidance of worship directed to any person, place or thing other than Allah.
Allah has sent His messenger Muhammad, peace be upon him, with the real guidance and the true religion as a mercy to mankind, as a model for those who do good, and as His argument against mankind. Through Muhammad and what was revealed to him (the Qur'an and the Prophetic sayings), Allah showed mankind all means of reforming itself and straightening its religious and mundane affairs in sound beliefs, right conduct, fine morals, and laudable manners. The Prophet, peace be upon him left his followers on a clear straight path, only the doomed will deviate from it. His followers, the Companions, their followers, and those who followed them faithfully are the best of mankind. They established his law, upheld his way, and held fast to it as a belief and practice.
drtooty
IF ANYONE HAVE ANY MORE QUESTION, PLEASE POST IT HERE
acamas
How come there is muslim terrorists (I know only afew people have been)?Im not insulting muslims or anything? Would their be a passage such as others of other religion are unworthy of living or something? THere is probably nothing like that. In christianity "You shall not bring false god's before" Thats not exact I dont have my bible around... Maybe something like that could cause terrorism?
GT3000
I truly believe that Muslim extremists are what they're called...Extremists. They over-interpert the meaning of Islam and it's impact on life. I'm condoning the idea that Islam is not important to everyday life, but like everything in life, it is done in moderation. Islam is a peaceful religon, or from my experience and exposure to it has been. Now my only issue is from the rumor that Allah is possibly homosexual, I don't mean to offend I'm just curious as to it's truth. =\
drtooty
Quote:
How come there is muslim terrorists? Does you religion not respect life for the innocent? With terrorists what drives them to kill, what do you think in the Islamic religion and scriptures (Your bible (soz i dont know what it is called)) makes them want to kill the inocent? Would their be a passage such as others of other religion are unworthy of liveing or something?

MUSLIMS ARE NOT TERRORIST. IF YOU SAY SEP 11 EVENT, I WILL REPLY THAT THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT MUSLIMS DO THAT. US DIDNT SAY WHAT WAS IN THE BLACK BOX OF THE PLANES.

Quote:
They over-interpert the meaning of Islam and it's impact on life.

EVERY WHERE AND IN EVERY COMMUNITY, THERE IS GOOD AND BAD PEOPLE.

Quote:
Now my only issue is from the rumor that Allah is possibly homosexual, I don't mean to offend I'm just curious as to it's truth.

THAT IS REALLY SO SO AGRESIVE OPINION AND WHO SAY THAT IS STUPID AND CRAZY. FORGIVE US, GOD
Texas Al
What I'm saying is that people can agree on the substance of a religion and yet have different opinions on some interpretations of it. Just like most Muslims and non-Muslims agree that God is God, and yet still have their different ways of worshipping him.

So let me use Christianity as an example. There are Christian terrorists-- Operation Rescue, and some of the White Supremacist groups. There are also pacifist Christian sects like the Quakers who are at the opposite end of the spectrum from the terrorists.

Who are the Muslim organizations, denominations, parties that are at the opposite end from the Wahabbis?
dxhunter
Please Lock this topic.
S3nd K3ys
drtooty wrote:

MUSLIMS ARE NOT TERRORIST.

THAT IS REALLY SO SO AGRESIVE OPINION AND WHO SAY THAT IS STUPID AND CRAZY. FORGIVE US, GOD

Oh, brother.
acamas
Quote:

I did not mean all muslims are terrorists.

Not gonna post on this topic anymore. It is getting to heated. Soz if i offended anyone!
bluffmango
yes , it ha not been proved tht muslims did 9/11 ,, jus relax n think may b it was some THIRD section that wanted to raise hatered b/w the WEST n Muslims for their own interests...!!!
Xipha
I am just curious. I do not know a lot about the Islamic religion. According to Muslims what is it that saves a soul and allows you to go to heaven? Also someone earlier said that the Qu'uran (I hope I spelled it right) was the final revelation of God. Does this mean that you accept all or parts of the Bible/ another religious writing? If so what parts? (I come from a comparitavely unpopulated area of the world, and there is not much ethnic diversity around here so I have never known anyone of Islamic religion well enough to ask these questions, although I am very curious Very Happy )
IceCameron
GT3000 wrote:
Now my only issue is from the rumor that Allah is possibly homosexual, I don't mean to offend I'm just curious as to it's truth. =\

Funny, i always thought that myself to..
IceCameron
S3nd K3ys wrote:
drtooty wrote:

Oh, brother.

Mr. Green Surprised Laughing
mOrpheuS
This thread has gone completely haywire.

Sincere questions about Islam (as was the original idea) were never answered. Instead we have preachings and rebuttals.

And flame-throwers are being readily used.

more than enough reason to -close- this thread.