FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Disasterous Earth quake in pakistan... abt 2 month b4

valient
oct 8th 2005, around 8:55 AM, This is one time i wont forget. I was listeing to music in my room. I suddenly felt vibrations on the floor. I thought some how the BASS of my speakers got bit high. Surprised ..the vibrations got more and more as seconds grew. It was soon that I realized this was an earth quake. Now minor earth quakes I have seen ...but this much vibration..I have never seen in my life. I just put on a pair of slippers and started walking out of my room. Luckily i live on the 1st floor.
After I came out i straight away called my mom and other family. I thought they would have felt minor tremmors. To my surprise and horror ..they had similar scale of tremmors. I could only imagine at that time ..what would have happened to the epicneter of this quake..as it was felt equally in Islamabad Abboottabad and muzafer Abad etc ..all 2 hours drive away from each other.
I was sitting out side and feeling the earth moving and shaking for almsot 3 minutes. It started to subside.
The entire saturday we felt after shoks.
We were glued to TV all day and trying to figure out what had happened.
It turned out that it was a 7.6 scale quake which originated almost 60 miles NNE of Islamabad. The area hit most was Pakistani-Administrated-Kashmir. It has been estimated that almost 18000 people have perished and 41000 are injured. More people have lost homes and business places.
The image which most people would have seen was the collapsing of a luxury appartment building in Islamabad. Its sad that peple died there..but they were just a fraction of people who died in NWFP. Entire villages have been reported wiped out. Since it was Saturday and Ramzan , after sehri ,(early Breakfat ..around 4:00 am) people were mostly asleep..so alot of them couldnt get out in time.

I have alot more stories heard from my friends who live in these affected Areas and About Relief Efforts etc which I shall post later. For now I just want to ask Allah for his forgiveness.Its Holy Month of Ramzan in Pakistan and according to our relegion (and my understanding) if qukes hit in Ramazn its only meaning is wrath of Allah and that doomsday is near.

All relegious beliefs aside..please pray for departed souls, and help if you can to the victims. and Lets hope this quake doesnt happen again..

it is abt 2 month for this disaster.. but now there are severe condition in these parts of the country. winter starting and in those mountains the normal temperature in winter is negative and there is nuthing which can save these people from this cruel winter. Whole world is donating funds but this isnt sufficient. they need u'r financial and moral support,,
rark
Thank god you and your family were not injured in that terrible catastrophe that struck Pakistan so suddenly.

On the other hand, its not that the rest of the world have not been donating actively to quake relief operations but that red-tape and bureaucracy have made the operations slow. Money has not been flowing smoothly to where it is most needed and also I've heard of corruption that has further complicated issues.

That aside, lets hope that all those who were hurt in the disaster would be able to recover quickly and to their usual lives as soon as posible. And also hope that time will heal the wounds inflicted onto the people by the disaster.
NuniPio
valient wrote:
Since it was Saturday and Ramzan , after sehri ,(early Breakfat ..around 4:00 am) people were mostly asleep..so alot of them couldnt get out in time.

i herd that u shouldnt go to sleep after fajr and asr prayers...for fajr u should sleep after sunrise, is that true?
salman_500
NuniPio wrote:
valient wrote:
Since it was Saturday and Ramzan , after sehri ,(early Breakfat ..around 4:00 am) people were mostly asleep..so alot of them couldnt get out in time.

i herd that u shouldnt go to sleep after fajr and asr prayers...for fajr u should sleep after sunrise, is that true?

well it is somwat true....being a muslim i cannot be sure in sayng wat im saying coz it might come in conflict with wat is the fact... it is mention in the quran that we are supposed to sleep in the night i.e after the isha prayer and shud wake p at fajr...atleast that is what the prophet did...hopefully....but as the generation is changing peple now sleep in the day and stay up in the night....but still if you are really tired and didn't have enof sleep then i think we can sleep after fajr or asar...as mentioned in the quran...

there are no obligatoins in religion........(cant remeber the exact wordings so i rot indirectly...
valient
Quote:
i herd that u shouldnt go to sleep after fajr and asr prayers...for fajr u should sleep after sunrise, is that true

there is no restriciton and i agree with sAlman he said exactly wht muslims do,

Quote:

Thank god you and your family were not injured in that terrible catastrophe that struck Pakistan so suddenly.

thnx rerk and Thnk to God who saved us.

Quote:
that red-tape and bureaucracy have made the operations slow.

ye u r right that burrecarcy alwasy crets the problems. as this disaster is very large and it affected the whole northern areas of pakistan thats why we cant handle it alone. but we tryig our best and consuming our resourcfes but its not sufficient . in DONORs conference in ISLAMABAD whole world pomised to donate 6.0 Billion dollors only 40% of which are donation and 60% with 1% interest are loans. so thre is need to get these donation and other monye as soon as possiblele unless its 2 late.

Quote:
lets hope that all those who were hurt in the disaster would be able to recover quickly and to their usual lives as soon as posible

ye evryone is praying . may God give them peace who lost there lives and give us courage to help those who are injured