FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shiny! Paintings (a few large photos)

kaikou
These are some paintings I have done recently (in the last month and a half). They're from a project I'm working on. I painted them in metallic acrylic paints, on canvas. Smile

[ PS: my digital camera is dying, so sorry about the quality of some of these ]

** For some reason the images weren't showing up, so I'm trying links instead **

From Battlestar Galactica:
Kara "Starbuck" Thrace and Lee "Apollo" Adama
Kara Thrace
Lee Adama

From Firefly / Serenity:
River Tam
Simon Tam

From Numb3rs:
Charlie Eppes

From Lord of the Rings:
Legolas

From Andromeda:
Beka Valentine
Olivia Wood
Is it just me that's not seeing any of these? Sad
kaikou
Woah. They were working yesterday...No idea what's wrong. I'll look into it, and try to get them fixed.
kaikou

LOL! That bad, huh? Or aren't the links working?
RaineMitshumi
The links do work.

WOW! You put a lot of depth in your paintings. If I ever finish any of my drawings you should see some of them. So, I take it that your a big Battlestar Galatica fan (or a scifi fan). If you are then, me too (if your not, then I still am)... I love stargate and stuff... Do you have any more paintings?
big d
Wow great work!!! But remember when posting ur stuff on the internet make sure u have a logo or "sample" accross the image because people will try to pass it off as their own
kaikou
RaineMitshumi wrote:
The links do work.

WOW! You put a lot of depth in your paintings. If I ever finish any of my drawings you should see some of them. So, I take it that your a big Battlestar Galatica fan (or a scifi fan). If you are then, me too (if your not, then I still am)... I love stargate and stuff... Do you have any more paintings?

Yes, I love scifi! But especially Battlestar Galactica. Lee and Kara are my favorites Smile And thank you! I do have more, but these are the only people I've painted that are finished. I'm working on one that should be finished before Christmas (it's a gift for my step dad) Smile So I'll be adding a link to that one when I have it up.

I have other work--it's much more abstract. I might add links to that too later on.

I'd like to see your drawings, by the way! Even if they aren't finished Smile

I'm of a mind that my art is never really finished, anyway. The more I see it, the more I think of ways to improve it... I only make the more major improvements, though. Otherwise I'd never get to paint anything new!
kaikou
big d wrote:
Wow great work!!! But remember when posting ur stuff on the internet make sure u have a logo or "sample" accross the image because people will try to pass it off as their own

Thanks! And I usually do... Smile Not sure why I didn't this time. That'll be fixed shortly. Smile Thank you for telling me
HunterMac
Damn, I love that works. I know how hard is painting and how much work it needs. Looking at those paints tells my what great talend You have! Keep it that way!
kaikou
Embarassed Smile Thank you very much! They really are a lot of work, but I love painting.
Phi
Awesome paintings, awesome paintings! How long have you been painting? Must take lots of patience... I paint on the computer, because I keep messing up using traditional media >.<
kaikou
^ Smile I've been drawing forever, but only painting for the last few years. I've only really been painting consistently for the last year or so, really.

I have another painting to post here for you guys to see! This one took me maybe 2 or 2.5 hours. The size is 16'' x 20''... I used metallic acrylic paints (as always).

Bridgie, my cat
Another angle
tinkles
Those are absolutely fantastic.
I like those blue colors in the pictures.
How big are these?
kaikou
Oh boy. I'll have to check...lol! I don't remember.

Okay...
Beka Valentine is 10"x10"
Legolas is 8"x16"
Kara and Lee are 8"x24"
Charlie Eppes is 9"x12"
Simon Tam is 9"x12"
River Tam is 20"x20"

Bridget is 16"x20" Smile as said above.
Che
Oh man! I must follow up on the comments! I too think these are great. Keep up with the good work...
kaikou
^ Thank you Very Happy
rainynightstarz
i like the idea of using metalic paint! it looks very cool.

can't wait to see more of your work Very Happy
Ioana
quite good I think.
kaikou
^ Thank you both!

I have another painting to show you guys. It's also done in metallic paint.

My Mom:
(12''x16'' I think)
http://kaikou.frih.net/images/awa.jpg
Mushmush
kaikou wrote:
These are some paintings I have done recently (in the last month and a half). They're from a project I'm working on. I painted them in metallic acrylic paints, on canvas. Smile

[ PS: my digital camera is dying, so sorry about the quality of some of these ]

** For some reason the images weren't showing up, so I'm trying links instead **

From Battlestar Galactica:
Kara "Starbuck" Thrace and Lee "Apollo" Adama
Kara Thrace
Lee Adama

From Firefly / Serenity:
River Tam
Simon Tam

From Numb3rs:
Charlie Eppes

From Lord of the Rings:
Legolas

From Andromeda:
Beka Valentine

I like them. Nice styling and colour.
I like the firefly and serenity pics best, fan of the show/movie.