FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Script for text area with html support

kv
I am looking for php script which gives a textarea for inputting data similar to one in the forums with html tag support (Bold, italic, etc), parses it and stores the html version of input data in database. I googled but couldn't find any (probably incorrect keywords). Anybody knows such a script?
Marston
Actually, the one used in the forums is a bbcode parser. Just search www.hotscripts.com for BBCode Parsers.
raver
Mmmmm... I think that you are looking for FCKEditor...it is a html editor (sort of) which creates a html area filled with all text atributes plus adds the capability to add images very nicely into your page. I had used it for creating news articles at my last workplace and i was very satisfied with it.
kv
raver wrote:
Mmmmm... I think that you are looking for FCKEditor...it is a html editor (sort of) which creates a html area filled with all text atributes plus adds the capability to add images very nicely into your page. I had used it for creating news articles at my last workplace and i was very satisfied with it.

I was looking for bbcode parser suggested by marston but found this editor very useful. Thanks a lot.