FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm 15 yo and heres my site, hope you like it!

3shades
http://www.bf2lag.b0x.com

its a site about lag in a computer game

see what y'all think!

thanks!

ben,
Naif
The contents you have put are quite interesting but you need a design for your site my friend.

A layout similar or somewhat like this site should suit you good: http://rootshell.be/~dhar/
jcortes
the design of your site is terible sorry to say ther is lack of organization it is really quite bad try using some tables.
budazz
design it well
reshi
Good start, try finding some website templates - you will make it look loads better + will get you more familiar with HTML.
simplyw00x
Some tips:
- Have some content
- Stop making a huge thing out of how you're 15. It doesn't give you and excuse to be crap. Not that I'm saying you are.
- Ditch the 'hitcash'. Get some real ads.

Otherwise pretty good.
Jon82Brown
well i wouldnt say you really have a design and the font is too big. also i really dont like the right to left scroll it is just anoying. also if the site cost you money to run why arent you getting free hosting from frihost all you have to do is be active on the forums. good idea just needs a little fixing up.
Motoracer380
yeah there's like no layout.. im 15 as well here is my site

http://sledfreaks.frihost.net/
wistom
well,whether there is something wrong?
Freewebsites.com error 403/404: The web site you are trying to access either does not exist or has been terminated for violating our policies.
Please make sure you entered the web site address correctly and try again.If you received spam advertising this web site, please do not send further complaints about it.
budazz
simplyw00x wrote:
Some tips:
- Have some content
- Stop making a huge thing out of how you're 15. It doesn't give you and excuse to be crap. Not that I'm saying you are.
- Ditch the 'hitcash'. Get some real ads.

Otherwise pretty good.

be considerable.... everyone is excuse when you are just starting to learn or creating a website give him a chance

ummm do you have a website? please adverstise it here so we can see it
budazz
Motoracer380 wrote:
yeah there's like no layout.. im 15 as well here is my site

http://sledfreaks.frihost.net/

ok
salman_500
hmmm,

i dont think that being only 15 makes you the worst i template making and stuf....

im 15 and this is wat im working on....
Click here to see
Kestrel
When I was 15, I was making my layouts in Photoshop and HTML. And needless to say, they were a lot better than this. For one, reduce the text size. That's ridiculous. Second, learn some organization. And stop with the happy-go-lucky rainbow crap. If you're going to have a bunch of huge links on your site, at least make them all the same color. If you'd like a free HTML template for your site, you can go to http://frihost.com/forums/vt-2620.html. There is a nice, long list of free templates you could use. Just don't claim them as your own. This will help you get more familiar with HTML and how to create something pleasing to look at. After a while, though, you will probably want to upgrade to PHP. Personally, I think it's more powerful. But it's still possible to make a good looking HTML layout. Just takes a bit of time.

*edit* And I'd suggest taking that link out of your signature. That will really make a lot of people look down on you.
silli
Hmm... I don't find anything good on that "site". Theres no outfit, no contents and so on. There's just stupid counters taken from other sites. No offense, but i wouldn't eaven dare to put my name on that site Sad
Simulator
Well, its good for a first attempt, thank god you didn't use one of those crap WIZZIGCRAP editors, and no offence but for 15, I think you should be a bit better.... I'm 15 too, my site is www.simandsim.com I'm don't want to brag but when I was 9 I made a better site than yours, I think you have the skill, but you just don't use it, you have used crap from Bravenet.com, but unless you don't want your site to take off, don't use anything from Bravenet.com, not this late in the game anyway. My advice to you is to go to HTMLGoodies.com, its really good site to start off with. Just one more thing, What the hell did you pay for???

Sorry if its a kick in the teeth for you, but I just hated it when people said to me “o ya that looks really good” when it sucked! Trust me its best to hear the truth
bluffmango
well thts good for sm 1 ur age ...got job budddy keep it up
big d
good attempt dont give up Very Happy

even though ur younge theres still improvement everywhere i know when i started i used html and i was crap but with timje and practise u can get better and better
erlendhg
This site really needs a good clean up.

Too big text, and to "black and white", if you see what I mean...

Try to find a website with some cool design and copy it, if it is too difficult to make it by yourself.
3shades
thanks a lot for your input guys,

i'll try and change it and i'll let you all know when i'm finished

thanks again!

ben,
Ricardo
ive never seen a website that terrible
jgeof
Good site! Keep going!
aaa
I guess it is ok but what is it about?
Mark999111
Age gets you no sympathy here im afraid. Im younger than you, and even though my webdesign sucks (http://bop.frih.net) its still web design, produced by me and not a WYSIWYG editor.

Try learning html from www.htmlgoodies.com

great resource, will help you along
undergroundking
check dis site after you are done with htmlgoodies...http://www.good-tutorials.com it will help you make a good header and a simple layout with photoshop

i m 16 but dat didnt stop me from making proper layouts...even tho my content isnt great rite now..its setup is clear http://www.warpgames.tk
smart19
i can't link to it
paul_indo
Great idea for a site, but yea, pretty bad layout and design.

Try learning how to use tables to tidy up the layout. It,s not difficult.

Create a background, put some grraphics, tidy up the menu with smaller text and maybe some graphics too.

Has plenty of potential, but you need more visual impact and some sort of graphical theme to make it great.

Keep working on it, you'll get there.
menhao
why can't i load your web? returned the following info:
Freewebsites.com error 403/404: The web site you are trying to access either does not exist or has been terminated for violating our policies.
Please make sure you entered the web site address correctly and try again.If you received spam advertising this web site, please do not send further complaints about it.
darklighter
ugliast site i've ever seen, even my grandma can do that better
blackheart
Ricardo wrote:
ive never seen a website that terrible

okay, i'm all for the honesty thing, but why be so harsh? we all have to start somewhere - and no-one starts an expert.

there are alot of people who never bother to try and learn, so i say it's a job well done.

you're font is too big, and you don't really have a design. my advice is to play around with tables on frontpage to start with - and aim for it to look proffesional. take a look at other sites, and copy them to start of with - there's no shame in it. it's a learnign curb. don't listen to half the people on here, most of them are snooty nerds who'll never get a girlfriend. Wink

keep going with it and you'll get the hang of what we're on about in no time. (aka a couple months of actually trying)
kain
Pretty boring layout... Liven it up with darker colors or something like that...
Jon82Brown
you improved sence the last time i saw it looks more professional but still needs some help good work though
Anttu^^
Graphicaly a very poor site and those add thingys in the middle of the screen are realy annoying.. just piff the site up with a nice look (more BF2ish). and putt those adds in a nice spot where they wont be in the way. but i hope you Luck with your site Smile

keep it up ! Cool
joshua_erceg
Um, I agree with everyone else....
The layout needs some work.
You could use pictures & maybe learn how to use tables?
A good site for this is www.w3schools.org Smile
Hobbit
I like the bf2 tweaks, will they work for bf1942?

As far as the layout goes, try using downloading a template(theres a free template thread around here) or make your own cause text only sites is an old thing now a days. Still, your content plus a good template will come out good.

Ah and remove the ads.
lazaruz
Well most are already said, but I agree with people talking about design, It's realy important that the site is appealing and easy to read
QwertyManiac
yes, gray isnt a good colour for any site.. makes it looks real dull if u ask me Smile
paul_indo
I got a good laugh out of your "Joy of Battlefield 2" Flash movie.

A bit more creativity like that on the rest of your site and you will have something worth visiting.

I'm waiting!!!
ImChasingSafety
Im 15 as well, but atleast I know how to use tables. www.aarontemplin.tk
My site isnt that good, but it doesnt lack organization. Like everyone else has said try a web template, or use some tables.

aaron
acron170
Great site i love it. i don't have BF2 but i sent the link to my friend and he says he doesn't get lag when he plays now. I suggest you get a better layout with an actual navbar and get a domain name like bf2lag.com or bf2lag.net.
acron170
hahaahahahahahahaha that is funny. could you send me a html code for it so i could put it into my site. i have a animation/game site and i need some great animation movies. e-mail: jundis@gmail.com
Marston
Ouch looks like 3shades just got his shit ruined by everyone in this topic Razz. Way to harsh on the guy, everyone Wink.
sugarbox
It looks good for the beginner.
I hope in the future your site will be work well. Laughing
niranvv
Hai,

I want to appreciate your work.
As you are only 15 years, its more than enough!
but try to have a look at the colors and all others stuff in that site!
Is it necessary to give a good appearance?
please try to select good colors for better view.
and also insert some pictures on that pages.
you can select free templates and you can edit them to get a new look.
So try to search web page templates in some search engines,
and edit the templates and upload it.
Hope, u understood.
If you have any doubt, feel free to pm me!
I will help you and send you free templates.
expecting a new look on your site,soon..
all the best.

love,
Niran
www.niran.frih.net

Laughing

3shades wrote:
http://www.bf2lag.b0x.com

its a site about lag in a computer game

see what y'all think!

thanks!

ben,

3shades
thanks for your input guys,

so you don't like grey?

lol, any other background colour suggestions or anything?

ben,

ps. thanks niran for your help, its really great, but all the tempaltes i've seen on the net just look really confusing and or completely over the top, i thinki'd prefer to keep mine simple
Motoracer380
i think i already said somthing..but thats pretty cool
Abhishek
Nice content, but does not looks cool.[/code]
avk
I too think that u should add good graphics, animations and good use of table is a real need for u
But totally disagree with what QwertyManiac Said:

QwertyManiac wrote:
yes, gray isnt a good colour for any site.. makes it looks real dull if u ask me :)

I say that Grey can make a website too good!!
I have lot's of examples but the best is www.bluerobot.com and it says
"There's nothing wrong with grey" and i add that "it is wrong with you and your mentality but not grey!!!"
Wow!!
cool!!
i write too much!
niranvv
Hai friend,

try to download the software Web Page Maker from:

http://www.download.com/Web-Page-Maker/3000-2048_4-10459289.html?tag=lst-0-1

I think, using that, you can create good looking sites more easier!
As a beginner at web designing,
u may feel some difficulty to design sites by using some other softwares.
and I think, you are not aware of templates!
Anyway, try to download this software, and give good look to your site!
Hope to see the new face of your site, sooon!!
Bye for now!
All the best.
If you have any doubt,feel free to ask.

Love,
Niran
www.niran.frih.net

Cool
3shades
hey there

I just updated it all, put in new everything, using that brilliant webpagemaker program,

check it out

http://bf2lag.b0x.com

hope you like it!! took me ages, I also divided up all the tips pages, so now my pagerank sucks, but oh well lol

enjoy!

ben,
Alie
I can't see any picture of the template... Sad
Marston
1.) Use CSS rollovers for your menu, rather than that nasty Javascript.
2.) Ditch the ads, they make your site look amature, and you're not going to make much money off of them.
3.) Create a still logo, not Flash. Flash isn't needed there...
4.) Create some CSS link classes (blue links are so passe)
5.) Get rid of the Google search box - you don't have enough content to illicit search functionality.
6.) Use better typography. Create graphical header text, whatever. Just ditch the boring black text.

Very Happy Other than that, the template is nice. By the way, I'm 14 Smile.
khairulsyahir
What do I have to say? Evryone has said it. Urm, however, I suggest you try to organize your site and use CSS. It's very easy to learn, and very easy yet powerful to use and apply to your site.

I'm 16, and my site is fully CSS for the styles. Try remove the CSS and see what happen. Really, prefer CSS than tables, coz it's easier to make sitewide changes and it reduces the size of the pages significantly. CSS for site is only needed to be downloaded once, then the browser load it from cache.

You got to learn, bro. Don't worry, CSS is easy, and there's a lot of tutorials out there on the Net.

And don't comment on my site here. This is not my thread. I got a thread running just for comments on my site here.
blackant
its no long around...
hilinkers
its good......keep it up
Programmable
Ah Shocked
I really Think that u have to learn more about designing websites!!!!

Ok why don't u try ready things as u are 15 yo

Just Use the Photoshop or Image styler which is an easy program to design a good website!!
Laughing
3shades
meh thanks for your help guys

i've learnt so much already trying to build this site, and i've wasted days and days building it, and i like the new style so i think i'm just gonna keep it

after all, its an information site, as long as its useable then it fufills its purpose completely, one day i might change it, but it's not a personal site, I don't need it to be all flashy and cool, just simple and easy to understand. I think for the time being I have accomplished this, but in the not too far off future when I update it again, I shall consult you for your expert guidance again.

Thanks a lot guys, you've been a real hand.

Ben,
MaCkk
Well, well, it would be alot better with some design, not only text. And a menu would be great to, helps with navigation. Im currently working at a layout for a friend of mine and it looks like this : http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/8050/jo5au.jpg

Its still in the workshop, took me a day to do that what you have just seen. I did it in a new technic (atleast for me) using two pics (logo and the lower part) and using maping to make the links. Works great, used div and iframe for the text. Ill post when I finish it.

Oh, just saw your updated site, great you used a menu but Im still up the with other guys, dont use a flash logo, get rid of the ads, and use css styles. Oh yeah and use tables, theyre a gift from God Smile

Cheers dude
otaku
I agree you really need to get some layout design.
It needs to have some color or somethin.

No offense but you're design is pretty bad.
I'm only 14 and i have a better designed site than that.

You should look for a template or something.
Marston
3shades wrote:
meh thanks for your help guys

i've learnt so much already trying to build this site, and i've wasted days and days building it, and i like the new style so i think i'm just gonna keep it

after all, its an information site, as long as its useable then it fufills its purpose completely, one day i might change it, but it's not a personal site, I don't need it to be all flashy and cool, just simple and easy to understand. I think for the time being I have accomplished this, but in the not too far off future when I update it again, I shall consult you for your expert guidance again.

Thanks a lot guys, you've been a real hand.

Ben,
Well, lets face the facts my friend - really, all we did was tell you that every design you made was crappy... I mean a few people (including myself) offered tips on how to improve your design, but, for the most part, people just torched you. Wink
TonkPilz
im just gona point out that yor image dosent load for me (http://www.bf2lag.b0x.com/images/middle_line.jpg)
i use firefox