FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I have a suggestion...

wumingsden
Ok, I have read the "Thing that you MUST not SUGGEST -- READ BEFORE POSTING!" which doesn't say anything about the thing that I believe may be useful.

ok, the other day i replied to a topic about charmed in the "tv/film" section. The post had spoilers in and I tried to use the [spoiler] tag that some forums have then realised that this didn't have it.

The spoiler tag covers up sentances/words that you don't want to be seen straight away. The text is covered by a strip of colour and when you hover over the writing the text underneath will be visable.

Its a simple hack, which is fount here: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/3338

[/url]
Bondings
This is one of the mods that might be useful in some cases, but aren't really necessary. Noobie4life is suggesting at least 5 of those every day and I'm sure he already suggested this one. Wink

Anyway, I'll think of it and I might install it once, but the chance is small.
n0obie4life
Very Happy

Comeon, just install them!

I'll do the installing for you Laughing

and btw, phpBBhacks.com has almost everymod, but they aren't always to the latest version. always check www.phpbb.com/phpBB or download the mod then go to the authors website.
mOrpheuS
I have seen some members here employing white text font to ensure the spoilers are not read unintentionally.

I think it was the Harry Potter thread in the Literature section.

If you put the spoiler in white font, it cannot be reasily read until selected.

edit - see the trick in action here. Wink
CatBox
n0obie4life wrote:
Very Happy

Comeon, just install them!

I'll do the installing for you Laughing

and btw, phpBBhacks.com has almost everymod, but they aren't always to the latest version. always check www.phpbb.com/phpBB or download the mod then go to the authors website.

The only thing i have against installing mods is that they could get screwed up when upgrading the main code Sad
n0obie4life
Code:
[color=#E5E5E5]test[/color]

Code:
[color=#EFEFEF]test[/color]

Gives you

test
test

So, generally, it's better. And I'm sure not everyone knows that the [color] tags can be used that way.