FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

James Blunt!

anhstar
Have any of you heard of him and his music?
His song Beautiful have been playing on radio for weeks now and it will not stop. I like the song and the album though.

It's rare to buy an album and like all the song in it, but with Back to Bedlam, it is one.

What do you guys and gals think about James and his lastest album?
arch23
too coldplay like, too high voice. don't like him.
IceCameron
I despise him with all my life, i cant really say how much i hate him..
He's like bugger from my nose, disgusting and gooey.

Actually i have only heard one song so i cant really justify what i just wrote but im geussing its all the same.
ignitionnight
I was pleasantly surprised with his cd. I really liked the single, and I enjoyed the rest of the cd as well.
1day
hes not too bad but he sounds like a woman Laughing
druidbloke
I did liked beautiful, it was catchy and he had a weird voice which is always something that will catch my attention, the songs that have come since all sound a bit similiar but not as good to me, hopefully next album he will do something good again, but he does have an irritating Im a song writer attitude about him Cool
erik
There is already a topic about James Blunt!
April_May
James blunt sounds too mushy and preaching. His song Beautiful is ok but after a while its just annoying. And that new song I wish you well / Catch my disease or something got on my nerves to begin with. It just.. I dontr know how to put it into words. Its just not good.
sylviakowalski
i thought it was rod stewart at first.. Embarassed

i really didn't like it at first.. but then it became a song me and friends like singing to while we're cruising.. probably because its on the radio so much. hehe OVERPLAYED.
albert
James Blunt.......I have heard the music before......
But.......it seems too rubbish...... Confused
Caesar_
I donno a lot about James Blunt but i like the song "You're beautifull"... it's good for the guys that are shy Very Happy
AlexC
i like james blun t except i think that his worst song it youre beautiful and his best is no bravery
Slowhand
He has a woman voice, thats true. I dont like his hit single, but if you buy/download his CD then you will know he is a good musician. But its not the best singer around I think..
lisa33144
I haven't heard the whole album but I really like the song "beautiful". I don't think he really sounds like a woman, but I don't know maybe a little bit. It is a really good song though!
insolent1
Have you ever seen this clip?This is about war.

Good clip.

http://nobravery.cf.huffingtonpost.com/
Kur0
Personally I dont like him, i think he has been way overplayed. I think he sounds like a goat/woman. He can write some good lyrics and play a guitar but his voice...the only thing you can describe his voice is...WTF?
breaktheRULEs
Oh! I like him, I love this song goodbye my lover.
viperbattlefield
james blunt is awesome. the high voice kinda scares you but hes still an awesome artist.
jyrevi
The only song that I loved from James Blunt was Beautiful...The others were simply too high-pitched for me...
Nicola
I really like James Blunt and have all of his music - my favourite song of his is definitely "You're Beautiful", though I also like the others.
innercity
I don't like him, his music is not intersting. he is just a good smile guy with no personality.
What do you think about his songs ?
AftershockVibe
You should check out this link;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thtmaZnxk_0

A superb parody by the Good Ringers team (BBC). Funnier if you know the mentioned British artists.
Insanity
You're Beautiful is alright I guess, but his live versions are better IMHO.
allies
good song to listen!
Twikki
Did he win the best female singer at the Brits?
dandan
I seriously hate his music and his music videos
i hate his voice so much... Rolling Eyes
mafiarocker
April_May wrote:
. And that new song I wish you well / Catch my disease or something got on my nerves to begin with. .

I wish you well is a bernard fanning song and catch my disease is from some guy called ben something, can't remeber his name hes australian thats all i can remember
supjapscrapper
I really don't know if I like him or not ....
sometimes I like his aerial voice, a bit like coldplay's, but then sometimes I hate it cos it sounds like a woman ... but I like the melodies, it is nice to hear ... Very Happy
Ofinet
Coldplay is GOD.

But on the other hand, you're all getting James Blunt the wrong way.

He's solid evidence that good, honest song-writing is all that matters.

Pity his voice sucks, is in tune but breaky, but you gotta listen more to the words. He can't be making this stuff up.

The other side though, he shamelessly uses the "I was in the army (or whatever)" gimmick and that could be another reason why people, mainly americans, relate.

But if all you can say is, he has a high voice and therefore equalls Coldplay comparison...don't get me started...
giantsfanster
his voice is so annoying but the lyrics are good
windval
albert wrote:
James Blunt.......I have heard the music before......
But.......it seems too rubbish...... Confused

rubbish??

can you sing it then

rubbish!