FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Download Manager

avk
Have heard Lot about Download Managers But not used any yet
However I think that I need one now
Which one is good???
ashok
If freeware.. go to dap (download accelerator plus)

if shareware.. get idm (internet download manager)
silli
Whatever it is, go for Free Download Manager. Download accelerator sucks ass, i've personaly tried is out.
hrtorrent
Get Right is good.
I use it.
Wink
Indyan
I use Flashget.There are a lot of options to choose from.But i would stronyly advice you to stay clear from DAP.
driftingfe3s
I use getright. I use to use DAP a long time ago. Now DAP is filled with crap and spyware.
Naif
I have a registered version of DAP(legal copy that is!). It is the one which has worked the best for me.
xxcubicxx2005
I use net transport. It's totally free of charge and without spyware.

download URL as following:

ftp://ftp.tku.edu.tw/cpatch/ftp/nettransport/source/ntsetup194c.exe
koolbluez
No doubt... FlashGet, a true 5-star ZDNet Editors' Pick. I just luv it's rightclick-download & superfast downloadin... hellspeeeeddd....

Quote:
FlashGet promises fast downloads, and on the whole it delivers. It is different to many download managers in that it is integrated into the browser toolbar (IE and Netscape, and Opera via optional plug-in).

FlashGet's main adavantage is its ability to split a download into up to 10 separate packets; each one downloads a portion of the file only, making more effective use of the available bandwidth.

Downloaded files can be placed into different categories in FlashGet's file explorer. These categories are duplicated on your hard drive as folders, ensuring complete file organisation.

Batch downloads are supported, as is the ability to browse an entire site (FTP or HTTP) for downloadable material.

The downside is that only eight simultaneous downloads are possible.

But it can be tweaked by this Registry Hack Twisted Evil
Quote:
Bypassing 8 Max Simultaneous Jobs

1. Run regedit.
2. Navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JetCar\JetCar\General\]
3. Right Click -> Add String Value.
4. Name as MaxSimJobs -> Set the value as what ever number you want.

After a restart you should be able to download with more file splits.
vinodmishra
True, Flashget is one of the best that is available. I have used many though. The ones that are good in addition to flashget are IDM and Gozilla.
DAP is crap Very Happy
n0obie4life
What I use DAP Embarassed

Lettme try Flashget Razz
Summer
lol , i used Download Express Embarassed . I just want a pause function , thats all .
tuncadogus
I Used Flashget
Xcelerate
I use Free Download Manager. Althought it doesn't speed it up much, it allows me to stop it and resume.
koolbluez
Those who didn't try FlashGet... missed a whole lottof downloadin experience Wink

I've been using it since... lemme guess... 2000 A.D. or so..... Twisted Evil
avk
I also have started to use Free Download Manager and is much more cool, fast, and easy to use than DAP. DAP is really a ****ing Program;
avk
I have started to use Free Download manager. It is cool, fast , easy to understand and much more good than DAP. U know the reality DAP is the biggest bore of the Year!!!
pudovkin
Mass Downloader, definetely.
cheeta
me still using tha the DAP 5.1 .... didnt updated to the newr version... this old hourse is still the best for me.. Very Happy
dcshoes23
i've tried dap and getright and then flashget and i've been using flashget for the longest time now, i really like how it works and haven't had any problems yet
quartz
I dont use download managers anymore except included with Opera and Firefox.
Some time ago i liked GetRight
cheeta
quartz wrote:

to me... in the intergraded Download manager segment opera has the edge... FF 1.0.7 that i use doesnt seem to very reliable on resuming downloads... where in other hand opera does it with perfection...

by the way any one hard about the Microsoft® File Transfer Manager though i have installed it long back... but coudnt able to make it work for me Rolling Eyes
bapakerwe
DAP 7.1 is best for me, no offense, but cant use free download manager tough. stardownloader, have tried it, still not fast enough. lighting download manager, simple and light, but unstable.
Opera integrated download manager is good, but I cant use Opera in my office.
Firefox integrated, not fast, but enough for small-size file.

best overall is DAP 7.1 for me [i use trial version with ads; but my proxy block it Cool ]
.::idealist::.
Fresh Download Manager is so fast and has a nice and fully cofigurable interface.

http://www.download.com/Fresh-Download/3000-2071_4-10431037.html?tag=lst-0-1

Completely free and there's no spyware or something like it in this program. But it just for Windows.

For Linux, Downloader for X is a good choice.
easydolphin
I USE FREE DOWNLOAD MANAGER AND TOO GOOD!!
cheeta
cheeta wrote:
quartz wrote:

to me... in the intergraded Download manager segment opera has the edge... FF 1.0.7 that i use doesnt seem to very reliable on resuming downloads... where in other hand opera does it with perfection...

by the way any one hard about the Microsoft® File Transfer Manager though i have installed it long back... but coudnt able to make it work for me Rolling Eyes

hay no one tried that Microsoft® File Transfer Manager???
BlackMask
.::idealist::. wrote:
Fresh Download Manager is so fast and has a nice and fully cofigurable interface.

http://www.download.com/Fresh-Download/3000-2071_4-10431037.html?tag=lst-0-1

Completely free and there's no spyware or something like it in this program. But it just for Windows.

For Linux, Downloader for X is a good choice.

thank youu
sudha
if planning for download manager
internet downloadmanager is best
it's v3 is best if possible get this version as you will it doesn't have expiry period
higher versions have 30 day trial
Warning: Don't go for upgrading your internetdownloadmanager else u will face 30 day trial and
just uninstalling will not help
vignesh_natraj
Download Accelerator plus is the best around go and download from its website
Also you can use Internet Download manager if you don't like DAP
There are many free Download managers around
With these tools you can pause and resume huge downloads and need not worry about running your computer for a long time to download huge files
Exclamation
alkutob
I found Flashget the best,,try it
dilip
i use dounload acclerator plus. it is very good.
Natrualkiller
i use download accleratot plus its awsome i would recommend
Animal
As far as I can tell, there's not really much point in using a download manager unless you have a dial-up connection, or if you have a special deal on off-peak bandwidth.

Dial-Up connections frequently drop out, so a download manager can help prevent wasted time and lost downloads. If you need to pay for extra bandwidth except late at night when it's unmetered and free, and advanced download manager with a scheduler function is great for when you want to download big files.

However, for standard, every day downloading, I can't see any point in using a download manager. Many claim to speed up your downloads, but your connection can only go as fast as your downstream speed. They are also frequently filled with Spyware - I've had a couple of bad experiences with them.

Firefox has a built in download manager that I've not had a single problem with so far - if you use Firefox, IMO you don't need a seperate piece of software to download stuff.
KHO
l use Download them all, it's a firefox extension, so you can't use it unless you use Fire Fox. But it is great!
vignesh_natraj
Is there any plug in for Firefox by which we can resume downloads Question
komunikaze
Download manager ist he best of one.
why.. because the new version is free (8beta version)
the point i like this software is it can make the download faster by extreme level
win66
avk wrote:
Have heard Lot about Download Managers But not used any yet
However I think that I need one now
Which one is good???

I think flashget is the best Download Managers software, i am using now.
ee82hl
I paid for licence use of internet download manager...superb.
very fast download..
But download speed of cause depend on ftp or website you downloading from.
16 thread at once.

try it out first.

I use 'netants' on my other computer, freeware... very good too.
theerawate
I use Opera for small file.
Large file i use Getright .
If want to download many file , use getright it can add list 5000 download .
But If I want some file-type from web , I use teleport pro .
Alya
Reget Deluxe
djclue917
I highly recommend ReGet (I use the Deluxe version)... You could get more info here: http://www.reget.com

Very professional-looking, easy-to-use, featureful, and many more. Just try it out and you would see what I'm talking about. Smile
Jolufa
Try Flashget (formely JetCar), download from www.amazesoft.com. (1,7 mb +/-)
In my opinion is the best!
chakycool
I perefer Internet Download Accelerator....
It's really good... Cool
Ironz
i'm using flashget, it's very good except for the adware but i can live with that. IDM (Internet Download Manager) is very good also, i was using it before this one so yeah one of those two would be good, they are the best now, the rest are either not free or just not as good.
headlong
Flashget is a very good one. Net Transport is also good.

The old Flashget does not support protocols like mms. Now they are supported.
masterevil
flashget is the best...
SirDuncan
I use ReGet.... cool..

Very Happy