FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Warning System?

Rsam
With the large amount of people trying to get posts in this forum I think a warning system would assist in keeping spammers in check, and once the warning level gets too high, ban.
meangurl
great suggestion... but are there any mods for phpbb available for that?
Alienz
meangurl wrote:
great suggestion... but are there any mods for phpbb available for that?

Yes there are few warning mods for phpbb which can be found at phpBB forum
Helios
Like the bantron mod...
Maka
Yea, i'm in for that Very Happy , a warning by PM doesnt really achive much.
HalfBrian
In my old post for host forum, there were little boxes right next to the edit post button. If you clicked the blue one, it would report the post (blue is visible to everyone)

If you clicked the yellow one, the person would get an automated warning (through PM), and if it was clicked 3 times, he would be banned.

The red box, if clicked, banned him.

I will try to ask which mod it was, then get back to you.

-Brian
n0obie4life
search for the "Yellow Card Mod" in the Mod dev forum of phpBB or http://mods.db9.dk
Bondings
It's a long mod and they can destroy an active message board in the long run. Just imagine what whould happen if our traffic would grow with 10 times! Then every single calculation would matter.
n0obie4life
then use AIBots warning system, its much "less" compliated. also in the mod dev.
Alienz
There is actually a simple warning mod at http://www.phpbb.com
n0obie4life
Alienz wrote:
There is actually a simple warning mod at http://www.phpbb.com

YESSS, its aibots warning mod! i mentioned that!
Ircher
Personnally, I'm against such here at Frihost. Sure, I use it in my forum(s), but Frihost already has one: AWITS; it would be over redundant and make the current warning system useless and a waste of Bondings time. I feel that the AWITS system is effective: it really is a 3 or 4 step process:

AWITS:
  1. People report your posts, etc. because it breaks Frihost's rules or TOS, etc.
  2. A moderator or administrator investigates further into the situation and gives an AWITS if necessary.
  3. Either the user responds and reads the AWITS or they ignore it.
  4. The AWITS may be closed, the user banned, or another AWITS may be given depending on what the user does about the previous AWITS.

As you can see, it is a simple, yet sophisticated process that takes community, staff, and offender interaction Very Happy.
Ankhanu
An Eight year old suggestion that wasn't implemented... probably didn't need to dig this guy up.

CLOSED