FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is one allowed to intall forums on a hosting account?

CatBox
I've just recived my hosting account, thanks so much guys Wink.

I have a question with regard to this :
Quote:
Warez, mp3s and vBulletin or IPB forums are strictly forbidden on Frihost.

Does it mean one cant install any forums on the hosting account or can we use forum scripts like phpBB and other free ones ...

And just being curious, why are vBulletin and IPB forbidden?
matt87
I am sure your allowed to install other types of forums but the reason why they do not allow vBulletin or IPB is because a lot of people don't pay for the scripts and use them when they are not authorized to use them.
shabda
Just use your common sense when hosting and ask yourself, is this legal/ethical. If the answer is yes, then there should be no prblem.
babumuchhala
Yes you are allowed to install any damn FREE TO USE forums like phpBB, smf and stuff.

vB, IPB & other paid scripts arent allowed bcos 99.99999999999999999999999999% of time its illegal ie cracked. Plus if u own these scripts the free hosting is suerly not for u
n0obie4life
You are free to install phpBB/SMF/myBBoard or any other Bulletin Boards given for FREE and is under the GPL.

IPB & vBulletin are paid, only if you have a valid licence and you wish to use it here, please contact Bondings to prove that your licence is valid.

The reason for not allowing them is that, all the IPB & vBulletin forums found on our serers are all nullified (or cracked). We do not "promote" or "like" these as we can get into trouble for them.
CatBox
Oh,

Thanks for clearing it up Wink. And guys try this site out http://nitrotech.org/
tingkagol
Yeah, I was also wondering what the hype over vbulletin and ipb was about. "Maybe it destroys the host database", I thought.

What an idiot. Shocked

Smile
Devil
u can also Try XMb which is better then phpbb ,smf or any other Free forums , Xmb rocks Very Happy
CatBox
Ok,

Here's the link for XMb http://www.xmbforum.com/

It looks good. I will try it out, and thanks for the link.
tingkagol
Wow, it actually looks good. Simple, yet really good. I wonder how the admin controls are like? Is it as simple as phpbb? Anyone?
Devil
tingkagol wrote:
Wow, it actually looks good. Simple, yet really good. I wonder how the admin controls are like? Is it as simple as phpbb? Anyone?

yeah xmb is very simple yet very secure and better then phpbb ,

it has a lot of mods and hacks and themes , if u cant install any hacks then visit www.xmbgarage.com they will install it for you , Smile