FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mac

Ricardo
Macintosh....

a beautiful operating system, no spyware or virius's to slow it down, no crashes to loose your work to, just a clean, fast, and awesome computing experience. Now is the perfect time to get a mac, with the releasse of the new iMac g5, and the still-inexpensive mac mini, AND osx tiger the worlds most advanced operating system, you got nothing to loose.

so throw that peice of crap windows in the trash and spend the money on a good, reliable machine.
ml
Quote:
Macintosh....

a beautiful operating system, no spyware or virius's to slow it down, no crashes to loose your work to

no gaming Smile
and your mostly bound to apple for hardware and apple is expensive.
well at least they look quite modern, but they're definitely too expensive
ocalhoun
No crashes?
That's odd, I've crashed several macs.
I use bryce 5 to make a tree, edit the tree to have exponetially more brances, then the mac crashes. A PC can do the same just fine.
In the situation I'm referring to, the mac's processor speed was twice that of the PC's.

The highest crashing computer: PC w/ windows
Medium: Mac
Lowest: PC w/ linux (applications often crash, but the OS never does)
Donutey
Macs aren't that stable, in fact i have used macs on a mac/windows network, and they would cause the entire network to freeze (including themselves) whenever they requested a file, because they would request the ENTIRE master file list... ugh... it took close to two weeks for IT to fix that...

however, macs are much less intimidating than PCs, in both the OS and how the hardware is configured...

i agree with the guy above, linux is best stability wise, with mac and windows following...