FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

external css stylesheet ?

wumingsden
OK, I have made a blog @ [url]kwikblog.com[/url] and you can add your own stylesheet. The stylesheet is linked from a URL. I have made the CSS stylesheet and uploaded it but the effects are not shown on the blog. Does anybody know why this is? Does it have to be set to a certain file permission? Currently it is set at 755.
I usually have no problem with CSS but this is really bugging me. The stylesheet is the one below:

Quote:
P {
font-size : 10px;
font-family : Arial;
color : #ffffff;
text-align : center;
margin : ;
}

H3 {
}

H2 {
text-align : ;
}

H1 {
text-align : ;
}

BODY {
background : #000000 url() fixed repeat;
}

BLOCKQUOTE {
}

A:hover {
font-weight : bold;
color : #FF0000;
background : #000000normal;
text-decoration : bold;
}

A:visited, A:link, A:active {
font-weight : bold;
color : #FF0000;
text-decoration : normal;
}
kv
Don't know much about css, so can't help solve your problem. But you can try the w3c online css validator. It might point out the problem with your css.

Here is the link
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
SystemWisdom
There is nothing wrong with your style sheet (except that all tags are written in all caps, which is just nasty), but I would imagine the problem lies in the way you have linked your style sheet dynamically to your blog..
JustaMin
SystemWisdom wrote:
There is nothing wrong with your style sheet (except that all tags are written in all caps, which is just nasty), but I would imagine the problem lies in the way you have linked your style sheet dynamically to your blog..

Yep, there's no problem in the CSS but you are linking to the file incorrectly. What code are you using?
wumingsden
I upload the file at freeownhost. I then get the URL to where the file is and login to kwikblog and where it says "use your own CSS sheet" I enter the URL.

I'll try using FriHost to host the CSS although this may be a problem as I don't want it to mess up any of my other pages.
Is this allowed?
mathiaus
I signed up and tried and they have some errors which need to be solved.
http://kwikblog.com/myblog/mathiaus

First off the stylesheet doesnt change. I've set my stylesheet from my site and in the code it remains
<link href="/css/blog.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

Anyway the whole codes amess really. It starts off with the HTML tag then HEAD which is then closed. then a table is shown without any BODY tags. then another HEAD is opened and closed again. Finaly a BODY tag is opened then closed. However we then close the HTML tag then some table ones and another BODY and HTML are closed.

Its not working basiclly and its kwiki's fault not yours Wink
Chris Tiaens
Mathiaus is right. Just find yourself another server, and use a decent editor for your html, especially when you're using css. I recommend Dreamweaver, but that's not exactly cheap, however using a simple editor like FrontPage Express (which you can get for free) you can also achieve nice results. Good luck.
wumingsden
Thanks for all the help...

--- Topic Now Closed ---