FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why don't add Chinese in'Other Languages' board

albert
I think if add will be more better Wink
n0obie4life
i think i suggested that indirectly in the applying for moderators..
Bondings
I'm still thinking about that.

But opening a Chinese forum would encourage more Chinese users to come in here. First of all, I don't understand Chinese, so I have really no clue about what is written there in opposition to Polish and French. And a lot of Chinese members are trying to host illegal files/warez on the server. And I don't get money from the advertisements in China.

So, I allow Chinese websites, but I don't want to encourage more Chinese people to come in here by opening a Chinese forum.

However, as I said above, I'm still thinking of it.
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
I'm still thinking about that.

But opening a Chinese forum would encourage more Chinese users to come in here. First of all, I don't understand Chinese, so I have really no clue about what is written there in opposition to Polish and French. And a lot of Chinese members are trying to host illegal files/warez on the server. And I don't get money from the advertisements in China.

So, I allow Chinese websites, but I don't want to encourage more Chinese people to come in here by opening a Chinese forum.

However, as I said above, I'm still thinking of it.

well, maybe you can get those people who are moderators to translate them to you..
meangurl
i wonder why most free host doesn't allow chinese websites?... that's the reason why when a free host opens it's door for chinese websites, there will be a bundle of chinese users signing up
Bockman
meangurl wrote:
i wonder why most free host doesn't allow chinese websites?... that's the reason why when a free host opens it's door for chinese websites, there will be a bundle of chinese users signing up

Bondings wrote:
And a lot of Chinese members are trying to host illegal files/warez on the server. And I don't get money from the advertisements in China.

That would be one of the main reasons. the other is the limitations imposed by your government and the fact that they block most sites (i'm not sure but i would say that the first one leads to the second...)

Be Well Cool
meangurl
Bockman wrote:
the other is the limitations imposed by your government

lol, but i ain't from china Laughing

but just one question.. why would their government do that? for what purpose? why are they very strict when it comes to that matter? [turned out i won't be satisfied with one question]

i've also heard some hosting providers got shut down because of a chinese websites hosted in their server... i don't want frihost to close down Confused
Maka
meangurl wrote:
Bockman wrote:
the other is the limitations imposed by your government

lol, but i ain't from china Laughing

but just one question.. why would their government do that? for what purpose? why are they very strict when it comes to that matter? [turned out i won't be satisfied with one question]

i've also heard some hosting providers got shut down because of a chinese websites hosted in their server... i don't want frihost to close down Confused

Yes, the same reason why we have strict rules for no copyrighted music on frihost, at the end of the day where trying to keep your websites up.
Helios
Bondings, if youīll put a responsible member that knows chinese as a moderator there, you can ask him to translate.. but there are alot of chinese people here(not saying that itīs bad, itīs actually good) and there will be alot to translate..

What you can do is to put him in charge and trust him that he wonīt commit any fooliosh acts and only stop those people that just want to host warez.

Or maybe you can remove all of those language forums and make a rule that if someone will post something in other language except english, he must add a translation below. - thatīs what iīd probably do.
Maka
Helios, could you resize your advatar please to 80 x 80, thankyou. Cool
Helios
Omg, have you forgotten about pms ??? Shocked

man......... =\
dunno what to say.. =\
Bondings
Helios wrote:
Bondings, if youīll put a responsible member that knows chinese as a moderator there, you can ask him to translate.. but there are alot of chinese people here(not saying that itīs bad, itīs actually good) and there will be alot to translate..

I'm sure there are Chinese people that I can trust, but I don't want to have loads of Chinese members in here. I get no revenue back from them and the chance that they host illegal files is much much higher than from other people. One of the advises you get when you start a free webhost is don't accept Chinese websites.
davmcmul
Guys! This webhosting comes with phpbb, I installed a forum yesterday, it was easy!!!!

Just make a forum on one of your sites with frihost and speak chinese there, thats what I'm doing in regard to my own language Wink (irish)
n0obie4life
Helios wrote:

What you can do is to put him in charge and trust him that he wonīt commit any fooliosh acts and only stop those people that just want to host warez.

Or maybe you can remove all of those language forums and make a rule that if someone will post something in other language except english, he must add a translation below. - thatīs what iīd probably do.

are you referring to me and sasuke Very Happy
Bondings
I think he did. Wink
Helios
hell with it, do what you want.
I donīt really care.. i just thank you for hosting.. thatīs all.