FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you like to hear in the clubs

spelbound
Just wondering, what music gets you up on the dancefloor? I am a DJ in Toronto, and I am always interested in what makes people move. I am not one of those DJ's who tries to make a name for himself except by playing a certain type of music. I am all over the spectrum. House, Hip Hop, Disco, Retro, World music. But if you were to go to a club, what kind of music would bring you back?

I will tell you what my current top 10 are, at the club I work in, and this is based on requests, not what I want to play. (Based on last night)

1. Hung Up - Madonna
2. My Humps - Black Eyed Peas
3. Precious - Depeche Mode
4. We Belong Together (Remix) - Mariah Carey
5. The Sound of San Francisco - The Global DJs
6. The World is Mine - David Guetta
7. La Tortura - Shakira
8. Gasolina - Daddy Yankee
9. Since You Been Gone (Remix) - Kelly Clarkson
10.Crazy in Love - Beyonce

These are the type of songs that were requested. The crowd is a range of age from 19 - 45.

Let me know what you would like to hear, I am always looking for new ideas.

Thanks in Advance.

DJ Alex
Slick
not enough drum n bass and hardcore... anything over 140 bpm in a club seems to be frowned upon!

even tho at the last event i ran there was no trouble wat so ever and everyone was ravin all night long

even play dnb at a 16th birthday party i dj'd for and thats the only time people danced!
spelbound
although I love DnB, I dont think it would have worked with the crowd. I am sure the younger would love it, but the older would probably not appreciate it. I hope to one day have a night that caters to specific music tastes. But I am sure thats down the road. That would take some advertising I am sure.
lituhanian
i love to hear
Trance
Psychedelic
DJ Tiesto
Mixes
Hip Hop
Rap
Hebrew Music
ect...
denggi
Trance
Hip-hop
Breakbeats !!!
Less of the common radio plays.
tingkagol
Shouldn't this be in the Music forum?

Anyway, house usually does it for me. But I have to admit, everytime "My Humps" starts playing, I want to grind with the nearest lady on the floor. haha. It's really different hearing it on the radio and hearing it in a club in all its glory. "Whatcha gon do with all that junk, all that junk inside that trunk?" Laughing The guys get real aggressive.

I LOVE drum n bass, but I can't understand how regular folks could dance to it. Can you recommend any dnb tracks? I listen to Ming+FS and J Davis mostly. Hamster Alliance is pretty good too.
edallica
it has to be "hey boy, hey girl" by the chemical brothers. it takes me back a few years and gets the house pumpin every single time.

its like its 1998 and everyone is on ecstasy. ~crazee~
djcaution
mmmm my vinyl shipment just came in today and hung up is my fave track from this order by far. Check out the remix I got I love it, I'm spinning it in my house set at a club this saturday: http://www.dancerecords.com/audio/59144.ram
Slick
spelbound wrote:
although I love DnB, I dont think it would have worked with the crowd. I am sure the younger would love it, but the older would probably not appreciate it. I hope to one day have a night that caters to specific music tastes. But I am sure thats down the road. That would take some advertising I am sure.

like i was sayin wen i dj'd at a 16th birthday thing in some girls garden!

the party was suppose to finish at midnight but rolled on till 3am!

the parents had there own get together inside the house... but by the time the dnb came on they were all out with us lot dancing... everyone was mashed... was a wicked night!

lol! Cool