FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Musical Instrument

Witch Musical Instrument you play??
Guitar
35%
 35%  [ 19 ]
Drums
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
Violin
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
Bass
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Piano / Ivories
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Saxophone
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Trumpe
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 53

ositedagalera
Well, I would like to know if someone plays a Musical Instrument. For example, I play guitar and drums. Vote in the poll and post here the motive that do class of Musical Instrument.

I play guitar and drums, because I like Rock Music.
SunburnedCactus
I play guitar, bass, drums, and basic keyboard. I only voted for guitar though, because I've been playing that for 10 years, whereas I've only been playing drums for a month. Cool
prongs_386
guitar all the way, i love it, it plays the widest variety of styles.
Eyre
Mom says i'm musically talented Razz I play
1.Elec. Guitar
2.Clarinet
3.Bass Clarinet
4.Minor Drums
5.Some piano/keyboard
6.Contra Bass Clarinet
7.Minor Bass Guitar
MetallianRose
I play keyboard occasionally...
I would really like to play violin, though.

I used to play guitar, but I'm not veryy good at all Smile
tuncadogus
I Play
1.Keyboard
2.Bass Guitar
3.Classic Guitar
4.Bađlama (Turk music instrument's)

This Picture
quick_basic
I play the Ocarina Very Happy.
ositedagalera
quick_basic wrote:
I play the Ocarina Very Happy.

Ocarina Question Question
AG007
I play the piano and the drums. That's why im able to make music real easy in the comp. Check www.abco.frih.net for more info.
no.name.zg
I was play piano (yamaha), I dont know how do you call it on english.
I dont have any more wish to play its boring.
e1320
it sounds very well!
like jay zhou,a good one!
fredsanford
Does an mpc1000 count as an instrument also what about software synth.
Ivory Keys
fredsanford wrote:
Does an mpc1000 count as an instrument also what about software synth.

Haha I wouldn't count a software synth! They want 'real' instruments, not samples or synths. Wink

Anyways, I play the piano, elecrtric bass, drums/percussion, alto sax and violin. Some instruments are self-taught, others are learned with private lessons.
benwhite
Guitar mostly. If you've never tried, play a 12-string sometimes. Bit more difficult, but such a nice full tone. Good change of pace.

I've dabbled in mandolin, bango, and oud here and there. Things with strings, what can i say.
jstoeffler
i've been playing guitar for about a year, and seem to be picking up on it fast. i'm gonna join a band as soon as my friend gets a drumset. i like playing guitar because there are so many different styles out there. sometimes i like to screw around on the drums a bit.
H3LL5P4WN
I've been playing guitar for about 4 years now.
Reign
guitar for over 3years... have played in 2 bands till now
BlackMask
I've been playing guitar for about 1 years now.
David_Pardy
I've played drums for 9 years, I dabble in playing bass (I write the bass parts in my band now that we don't have a bassist), and I'm trying to learn guitar, meaning I pick it up roughly twice every 3 months or so Wink. I learned piano for a year when I was about 8-9 years old.

But drumming is my biggest thing, obviously. I endorse Gretsch Drums and a local music store.

I think the most important thing is to LEARN your instrument though! Don't focus on becoming big and famous or endorsing any companies. What you need to do is write fantastic music and learn everything you can possibly learn. If you find something you can't do, learn it!

Always start slow and build things up. This way you'll learn proper techniques straight up instead of screwing yourself over and having to relearn things to get rid of bad habits later on.
ddukki
I've been playing music since kindergarten, but haven't really mastered one particular instrument. I've been slacking, I guess, which is kind of ironic, since music is such a big part of my life. Anywho, here's my breakdown:

Piano: 9 years
Viola: 4 years
Drums: 3.5 years
Guitar: 1 year
fecophobia
I play guitar, bass, keyboard, harmonica and I'm gettting a banjo ukulele for christmas.
Billwaa
well, really:

Violin (Council Rock High School South Orchestra 1st violin)
Guitar (Ford Street lead guitar player)
Bass (Just mess around with my brother's bass)
Piano (Write music)
Keyboard (play music in effect to match other instruments
Trombone (Marching Band)
Harmonica
Recorder
dingdong666
yeah.. drums.
We play metal.
psh
I play guitar but I would like to play drum and keyboard.

just 2 years for guitar

And I like to play speed solo.
dingdong666
Yeah dude... same here.
I luv to play like Dave Lombardoi and Mike Malgini..
Two of them are my role models...
Amazing drumming.
windval
I play violin,
it is easy to learn! Laughing
Rocky3478
I personally play the bass trombone. I started out on the tenor trombone 8 years ago, and switched 5 years ago to the bass trombone, because I really liked playing the low notes. ;D
Scott
I mainly play guitar but I'm getting into some synth stuff now.
Dino
I play guitar, bass, piano, drumms and electric guitar
GB
I play:
Violin
French Horn
Trumpet
Tuba
Piano

I used to want to major in music. Never did though, but was heavily involved.
elekis
I played piano and now I try guitar.

but study takes lots of times (mabe a middle :-> http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/gfursin/humor/images/humor122.jpg )

a+++
Deathskin
i play guitar, for 3 years off and on now, but i dont like playing it Sad it always get out of tune and im to lazy to tune it so.. yeah
godam64
i can play guitar, bass and drum. not for keyboard, i'm illeterate for it.
i have a band and it's fun a lot.
Acompany
I am a singer and love to shred on my Gibsom Les Paul Custom.
Splenge
I play piano, trumpet, drums, and guitar. I voted for drums because they are my favourite. There's just something good about hitting things.
Mariannee
Im playing this instrument:

LOVE IT Razz[/img]
zorindart
I'm a classically trained flute player, but I also play another kind of fluteslike recorders, flageolets, tabor flute etc.
I mostly play classical and folk/world music
Srs2388
I play guitar.... some bass.....someke keyboard
mainly guitar though the guitar for about 1 and a half years.... bass not long at all I just know how to play it
same for keyboard
Dean_The_Great
I think this poll is flawed, as many of these people seem to play more than one instrument. I clicked on Saxophone, as I've been playing it for six years now, but the complete list (in order of skil) is:

1.) Saxophone
2.) Tin Whistle
3.) Piano
4.) Guitar
augustoccastro
I already have been playing drums for 3 years, but after in a long future i wanna study other instrument. Bass i think.... Well that's it!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
users
Mom says i'm musically talented I play
1.Elec. Guitar
2.Clarinet
3.Bass Clarinet
4.Minor Drums
5.Some piano/keyboard
6.Contra Bass Clarinet
7.Minor Bass Guitar
flipinoy
i play the drums Smile i really like the guitar and piano, i wish i have enough money to buy one and learn... lol
snowboardalliance
I play guitar, its pretty fun. Me and my friends started a band and its fun playing with them;
hive
Like everbody I play guitar. Anywhere in the planet, guitar is the most popular instrument. Very Happy
I want to start a rock n' roll band,
anyone?
Hippie
Yeah i've played the drums for a while, but i've been considering rocking a little bass in the future. Very cool instrument I think, and not nearly enough good people play it.
IAMED_2
Good for anyone who can play guitar; I can't play anything where my hands are doing two separate things. I can play a bit of elementary piano, but nothing with a complex left hand.

I play the sax (awesome instrument) but right now I'm stuck with a bad model (Musica) where most of the time my D is 50 cents (a quartertone) sharp. It's kind of discouraging.

I also make music for a class and in my spare time using programs like Acid and Finale.
Insanity
IAMED_2 wrote:
Good for anyone who can play guitar; I can't play anything where my hands are doing two separate things. I can play a bit of elementary piano, but nothing with a complex left hand.

I play the sax (awesome instrument) but right now I'm stuck with a bad model (Musica) where most of the time my D is 50 cents (a quartertone) sharp. It's kind of discouraging.

I also make music for a class and in my spare time using programs like Acid and Finale.

Same here. My hands just aren't independent enough to be able to work those crazy piano fingerings. I can probably get it if I practice the same thing over and over like a million times, but then I usually get discouraged and stop. Sad

And yeah playing with a crappy instrument really discourages you -- I have a crappy keyboard and I must say it sounds nothing like a piano.
Insanity
IAMED_2 wrote:

Same here. My hands just aren't independent enough to be able to work those crazy piano fingerings. I can probably get it if I practice the same thing over and over like a million times, but then I usually get discouraged and stop. Sad

And yeah playing with a crappy instrument really discourages you -- I have a crappy keyboard and I must say it sounds nothing like a piano.
midimine
I play all instruments with Ableton Live Wink
Without elctricity I can play mouth harp, guitar and piano.
With electricity elctric guitar and all kind of keyboards Cool

My small website shows some examples

[url]]http://home.tiscali.nl/mididreams[/url]
Fall To Your Knees
Currently learning bass. Might also go for some Thrash Vocals
zjosie729
I play violin and my favorite type of music is classical.
I feel lonely there, there's almost no one that like classical.
elector
My most favorite instrument, wich I can't play, is Saxophone. I love those long and warm notes that you can make on it
midimine
zjosie729 wrote:
I play violin and my favorite type of music is classical.
I feel lonely there, there's almost no one that like classical.

I think it is a matter of Time. The older you get the more you grow in liking and appreciating good things in life. Food, wine and music. Some people are mature for their age Rolling Eyes But off course growing up in a cultural enviroment does help Idea