FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hosting Question

jarred89
Hello I was wondering if my hosting can be moved to the second server so my hosting doesnt go down. Thanks
Sunny
Hello

Looking at your date of joining, I suspect you are already hosted on server 2(frih.net) which is hardly ever down, so what made you ask this question? Infact i'm just told its not down in last 17 days at all.So that was even before you joined the forum.

Also its not possible to change accounts from server 1 to server 2 or vice versa.
n0obie4life
His on the first server.

1. It won't help if you change. The second server will crash too Smile. Nothing is perfect.
2. It isn't possible for you to do so too.
jarred89
im on frihost.net i asked for my account to be changed from jarred89.frihost.net to vidkid.frihost.net. No worries ill stay with the server im on now
Bondings
jarred89, the problem with the downtime was when the server goes down when i'm not there (like sleeping). There is no difference between the two servers regarding this fact. I will try to have a monitoring service which notifies me that a server is down and will prevent downtimes longer than a few hours.

A normal server should only go down very rarely. I'm currently trying to find the cause of the crashes. Most likely it's a hardware failure, but it might also be a malicious user (I just caught one).
jarred89
oh ok no worries, I hope you work out what the problem is soon. Frihost is the best hosting ever!
shabda
Quote:
when i'm not there (like sleeping).

What you sleep too?
Quote:
but it might also be a malicious user

A Malaciuos user crashing apache runing on unix. Wow. Wow again.

Ah probably a hardware failure is more likely.