FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hoping to get some feedback

manhattan<3
Here's my site that I created...I'm hoping to actually get some constructive critism Smile

http://www.llama.frih.net
tony
hmm. that's really random. a couple other things to say...

there is a lot of wasted space on the side - try rewritig the css.

garenteed is misspelled - try adding a 'u'

whats wrong with taking showers?

nice camera.

glad to see a female interested in programming - keep it up!
SunburnedCactus
You've got quite a good writing style there. Surprsingly entertaining. Keep it up!
hcjgh
simple but good looking site. As one of you said a lot of free space on right!
Eyre
heh, i like it. Like others, there is a wee bit of free space. Belive me, CSS is amazing, learn it and your pretty much set. Good though.

and um...yeah...again like above, whats wrong with taking showers?

Quote:
Trust me, if you like surfing and saying "dude" every other time that you talk, this is not the place to be

That's me, and i live in Florida Razz
manhattan<3
Thanks for all the positive feedback. Very Happy But the reason for my layout not to be centered is because I absolutely have NO idea how to do it... Embarassed

Anybody know how? Question
Eyre
if it's in HTML right after body you can put in a center tag. for example:
Code:

<body bgcolor="xxxxxx" text"xxxxxx">
<center><!--thats what you want right there-->

just make sure you end it at the end.
Aki
That is a very cute layout Wink . Your stories are really interesting and keep up the good work Exclamation
manhattan<3
omg thank YOU, Eyre.

I've been looking for a code like that since the beginning of time. lol. Very Happy

I'll try it out as soon as possible. Wink
shwetanshu
cute, simple good looking website wth gr8 content.. but lots of fee space
lazaruz
The colors and layout are nice but as mentioned, the free space on the right is to much.

Maby you could place some images there, like a gallery of your everyday life. You seem to love your camera so that might be an idea.
manhattan<3
I like the gallery idea...

But looking at my code, centering my layout is going to be almost impossible because I have my banner at the top, which is just the start of my content boxes, but then I have my background image repeating continueing the content boxes so the yellow space along the right is still the background content boxes only blocked by the banner.

Not sure if people understood that, but any ideas for solving that problem assuming that you actually read my long winded babble? Shocked
sugarbox
The top logo is very cute.
The color is cute, too.

But I think your manu should have other fonts or size.
Wink
Motoracer380
well..... thats a very odd... aproach??? or.. well.. what objective are you going at there?...
manhattan<3
lol, I figured, okay, my div layers are only separated in two parts. One is the header image and the other is the background image. The background image has color along the right side so that if people go on it, the color on the right is completely WITHIN my background. Wink
budazz
mybe you can change the color green background thats all
smart19
it looks great and clear
big d
not my color style but its unique Smile

Nice work
Simulator
I like it, but its not my liking of colour.... nice job
erlendhg
Nice, but a bir boring navigation....

Keep doing the good work Smile
megamass
blog like all others Confused
foumpie
manhattan<3 wrote:
Here's my site that I created...I'm hoping to actually get some constructive critism Smile

http://www.llama.frih.net

i like the colours,
except the pink,
at my opinion it doesn't fit by the rest ....
jgeof
I really like it ! Nice desing and colors....
mystuff
simple and nice color. if center it, it will be better.
Background image should wider. My screen width>1440px and the background image repeated there.
Eyre
manhattan<3 wrote:
omg thank YOU, Eyre.

I've been looking for a code like that since the beginning of time. lol. Very Happy

I'll try it out as soon as possible. Wink

hehehe, i felt so stupid when i found that out.
manhattan<3
Ugh, I just can't get the layout to be centered. Any other way besides wordpress? Rolling Eyes
thnn
Because your site is coded in CSS it means that the positioning is definite. Therefore you need to take out the left positioning tag and then center it.
tingkagol
yeah, center.
manhattan<3
so I would be putting the <center></center> code inside my CSS for my banner and the background?
Rolz
Nice site!

Yes, like, others said, it's kind of bugging me that the whole thing is pushed to the left, but a centering should help it. The colors are nice and the layout is clean.

Good work.
manhattan<3
Okay, the whole centering thing hates me.

How about just a bit more to the right? Would that be better, not so much that if you are on a 800x600 screen resolution you would have to scroll but so much so that it looks a bit better than what everybody is saying right now? Shocked