FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much music do you have? ... part II

Vlien
There's been some boasting going on about how many 'GIGS' of music we've all got on our pc's, I guess the time has come to discuss the real thing: who of you still owns CDs? Am I an exception, with only about 250 Megs of mp3's versus a collection of two tall racks brimming with CDs?

I think CDs are still worth buying, especially when you respect the artists. Like, I will always buy the CD if I really like the music...
So am I weird? Cool
rip8fan1
If you are weird, what am I?

I have NONE, NADA, ZIPPO of those mp3's.

I still buy CDs, and have around 1,000 of them. I buy one CD per week, and every three months, I buy a 'BOXED' set.
Vlien
Wooow! That is really cool! Cool A thousand CDs... I'll never get that far! So what is your favourite music?
zender
Vlien wrote:
I think CDs are still worth buying, especially when you respect the artists. Like, I will always buy the CD if I really like the music...
So am I weird? Cool

No you aren't weird.

I also buy cd (as much as i can) i also download bootlegs (which is legal). Got about 100 original cd's and about 40 bootlegs.

Latest cd's were 'Paranoid - Black Sabbath' and 'Weird Tales Of The Ramones - 3cd's & 1 dvd'
meilhugar
I have lots of cds, I really spend much money buying music from my favourite singers/bands. I think if we can we must support artists work not making ilegal copies, well we can make some compilations for our friends or so but not burning an entire cd to offer, I think it's not a nice thinng to do.
prongs_386
i respect people who buy all cds and don't rip off music alot. Sadly i am not one of these people as i do not have the money to pay for all my music. But music is still my great love and i feel an illegal solution for me is better than no music at all.
Croustibattes
Something like 300 titles
Josso
I like to selfishly bathe in the warm glow of culture so a lot of my stuff is pirated. Buy whenever I have the money though, as I just mentioned in another thread usually a 12" vinyl with digital copies that come packaged with it. I've got a ton of vinyl, also a ton of CDs it's all probably around the same amount.
loveandormoney
Vlien wrote:
There's been some boasting going on about how many 'GIGS' of music we've all got on our pc's, I guess the time has come to discuss the real thing: who of you still owns CDs? Am I an exception, with only about 250 Megs of mp3's versus a collection of two tall racks brimming with CDs?

So am I weird? Cool

Hello its Friday.

Today is the music day. At 8 PM we play local time csny

listen to us in the www.

BUY CDs dont rip CDs.
Myrecords
Well if vinyl is included here, I have about[1200]LP'S and about[700]45's.
Blummer
Got about 120 CD's so far. Most of them - classic or progressive rock. Some of them - jazz or ambient. None of them by the recent mainstream stars.
standready
Well over 3000 vinyl recordings, 100+ 8 tracks (yikes) and 200+ CDs. Less than 2 meg of other.
jajarvin
I have about 200CDs.