FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How about Hermann Hesse!!!

jenus
Hey it is good to see many people that really likes to read well known books, what do you think about th e author Hermann Hesse, have you read Demian (1919; Eng. trans., 1923), Siddhartha (1922; Eng. trans., 1951), and Steppenwolf (1927; Eng. trans., 1929) also reveal the influence of Nietzsche, Dostoyevsky, Spengler, and Buddhist mysticism.
garvalf4
I liked the beginning of Steppenwolf, but didn't enjoy the end.
The best book I've read by Hesse was Besuch Godenholm
dacode
Hello !

I've read Siddhartha & Steppenwolf.
Amazing books about human condition, integrity, life as a path that leads to somewhere etc...
juliox
Ive read Siddhartha and it was a good book also Ive read Demain, both are good books.
serazat
Steppenwolf is the only book I did not like by him.It's not a novel it's like an autobiograpy essay collection but Siddharta and Unterm Rad are really great books!
anticitizen1
"Steppenwolf (1927; Eng. trans., 1929) also reveal the influence of Nietzsche" thats true. Faraway the best book from Hesse, a Book full philosphy.
When i read the book for the second time, i really understaned the End of the novel. An entire Lesson!
palavra
jenus wrote:
Hey it is good to see many people that really likes to read well known books, what do you think about th e author Hermann Hesse, have you read Demian (1919; Eng. trans., 1923), Siddhartha (1922; Eng. trans., 1951), and Steppenwolf (1927; Eng. trans., 1929) also reveal the influence of Nietzsche, Dostoyevsky, Spengler, and Buddhist mysticism.

i heard a lot about hermann hesse
especially "steppenwolf ". but i couldnt find this book
then i found " Narziss and Goldmund"
i read it

but i really did't like it.