FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Website themes in HTML???

GDG
Hello everyone, once again its me, GDG.

I have a question regarding site themes. Now i have heard and read that to make one you need to write the code in PHP, but is it possible to make one in HTML, like what i mean is when i write the code in HTML for my site is it possible to make my website theme in the HTML code or i can only add text and background with the HTML code???

Please help, and thanks a lot.
GDG
Anyoen can help me with this, or are you all just ignoring it LOL???
mathiaus
Please dont double post. especially just after 4 minutes.
No-one is ignoring it either. People only answer when they can help

You site design needs to be HTML and/or CSS but the addition of adding content to this design requires the PHP therefore both will need to be used.

If you dont understand the above or require more ehlp please ask again with more details in the scripting forum
Daniel15
There are several ways to do templating

The easiest is this: first create/get the template, and then open the file in Notepad. Cut the header (section before the body text) and paste it into a file called 'header.php'. Next, cut the footer (section after body text) and paste it into a file called 'footer.php'. So now, you have header.php and footer.php. Put them into an 'includes' folder.

Next, include this on all the pages on your site. For example, an about us page would be called about.php or aboutus.php and look something like this:
Code:

<?php
 require("includes/header.php");
?>

The main body text goes here

<?php
 require("includes/footer.php");
?>

Do something similar for all your pages. This will put the header on the top of the page, and the footer underneath.

You can do more advanced engines (like what I have for 2 of my sites), but this is usually good.
squeakypants
or you can have it the other way: have index.php be the layout with a page switcher in it.

anyway, use xhtml and css. http://www.w3schools.com for how.
budazz
learn php and html...

no one here can really help

just to post