FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fur lovers, STAY AWAY FROM ME!

Answer this before looking at the video... Do you buy fur products?
Often! They're so cool!
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Sometimes, they're good looking.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rarely... I usually receive them as gifts.
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Never, I am against killing animals for accessories!
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

karysky
Okay, I'm traumatized.

Absolutely disgusted.

Horrified.

No words can describe what I am feeling right now.

You see, I just came across a vile video. All fur clothes fans should watch it. It is a video showing how they remove the skin of the animals to make clothes. I broke down and cried when I saw this.

I am warning you, here. This is NOT an easy video. I haven't been able to watch more than one minute. My brother who's usually not affected by these kinds of videos has not been able to watch more than 4-5 minutes.

I am warning you again, this is a very HARD and CRUEL video. Unfortunately, that's how it is done worldwide. This video shows the procedure followed everywhere. Skin is taken off from ALIVE animals!!

To your risks and perils, if you think you can stomach it, click here:
http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/

I have always been against fur and leather products, but now.... now!!! I can't stand to see any of them anymore!

I mean..... AT THE VERY LEAST, they could kill the animals before removing the skin!! Give them a little shot like veterinarians do!

It is so inhuman, I can't believe such things are still done in the 21st century. I heard that they have to remove the skin alive because of proper hydratation and quality of the skin... yeah right, quality my @$$!

I am sorry for this outburst of anger but I feel so helpless. How can I help? Any petitions out there to cease these atrocities?
kevin
Well, the link isn't working for me. So i couldn't really see what it's about, but what are the they using the fur for ? Those fancy jackets or just like a normal coat ?
karysky
Mmmmm, server's down.

Try again later.

As for your question, I don't know. And honestly, I don't care.

I only buy synthetic stuff.
coolclay
I have seen the video before on the Peta website. Yes it is sick that they would skin a live animal, but its completely untrue that this is happening worldwide. I trap animals and sell there skins, and so do many of my friends, but none of them would say it is alright to skin a live animal for any reason. So yes live skinning does happen in some places around the world but it is very rare, and should be no reason to stop buying fur products.
seanooi
OMFG!!!!
I would kill them if i see them. That's totally in-human. Looking at them killing the animals, especially cracking their skulls. F**k!!!
I couldn't finish watching the video, it was just too painful to watch. Evil or Very Mad
smokey4life
FUR IS BEAUTIFUL--ON ITS ORIGINAL OWNER, THAT IS!

Lots of animals have fur--from shaggy yaks and short-haired pointers to striped tigers and spotted hyenas. And depending on where the animal lives, her coat will have special features to help keep her warm and dry. Animals who spend a lot of time in the water--like minks and otters, for example--have waterproof fur. And snow leopards and foxes wrap their super-thick furry tails around their bodies to keep cozy.

As you can see, a fur coat is pretty cool--for an animal to wear, that is. What's not cool is when a person wears one. Can you believe that 18 red foxes are killed just to produce one fur coat? Would you want to wear a mink coat knowing that 55 animals had to die to make it?

The animals who are used to make fur coats are raised on fur farms or caught in traps in the wild. Either way, a lot of pain is involved. Minks, foxes, rabbits and raccoons on fur farms spend their whole lives in cramped cages. They can't move freely and get very stressed out. It is sometimes so hot in the summer that they get sick.

In the wild, animals who are killed for their fur, such as beavers, lynx, bobcats and otters, are caught in painful traps. Sometimes dogs and cats who are allowed to roam outdoors are caught by mistake.

What can you do to let people know that animals need their fur and shouldn't be killed to make coats? Lots!
odinstag
coolclay wrote:
I have seen the video before on the Peta website. Yes it is sick that they would skin a live animal, but its completely untrue that this is happening worldwide. I trap animals and sell there skins, and so do many of my friends, but none of them would say it is alright to skin a live animal for any reason. So yes live skinning does happen in some places around the world but it is very rare, and should be no reason to stop buying fur products.

Agreed, I have several fur items I wear. But I assure you they are not fur for accessory value. I have a hat that is extremely warm and comfortable during the winter. When I have to be outside for a long time, I wouldn't use anything else.

Fur has it's uses. And it isn't always so cruel. Hides are often a byproduct of the animal being used for meat. It's better than having to do it yourself. Trust me.

These Anti-Fur PETA types are often just anti-social. I don't care for their brand of bigotry. They wanna fight the system, but wouldn't have anything to do without it.

Should we be killing cute fuzzies for fun? NO.

Should we be skinning them alive? NO.

Should we kill them for nothing but their fur becuase it makes us look cool? Probably not. As far as rich bitches just buying it for looks go, I say no. Screw trendy people. They don't care about anything worthwhile.

But a little old working guy like me shouldn't have to expect any hassle from these scary PETA types. Including their scare tactic propaganda. I do applaude their stand against Kosher Slaughter though. No need to be so brutal.